commercial cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniac

Reaction score
Does anyone every attempt to build anything like this cage here in the USA? I really like the style, thinking I can copy it using wire but why reinvent the wheel if there is somebody out there producing something like this ?

I did contact FDI in Canada, $5k for 20 hole maternity cage bank without any assembly and no shipping, seems quite pricey.

Rabbit-Farming-Cage-Industrial-Cage-for-Rabbit.jpg

Those are a European design...and I think pretty darned good...
Expensive? Yes.... very much so.
Durable? Probably 3 lifetimes of our standard designed cages here in the U.S.
Demand? Not nearly enough to build a plant and produce here in the USA.
Home-made? Duplicating that design... yeah probably. But it'd take hours to fabricate.

I've looked at all designs from Italy, China and Spain... all are expensive. :x
But, by thinking 'outside the box'... building something close is possible.
Personally, I've not seen a company based in the US offer these.

Best of luck.

grumpy

I was hoping Grumpy would respond. Maybe you can get him to show you what he has done, if you are up for intensive diy. His setup is impressive, and you won't find many commercial growers with more experience and willingness to share.

Yes I am wondering if I could put together something similar to the commercial battery cages using wire from Bass or Klubertanz ? Looks like with some proper planning and designing along with a good brake for bending, it could be done. I would really like to see if somebody else has tried it and what their thoughts are...again why reinvent the wheel (or recreate an epic fail) if somebody else has been there...On the other hand maybe its a business opportunity to tap an untapped market....use our US style wire cage material to build European designed cages....

Marinea":1e0l0zni said:
I was hoping Grumpy would respond. Maybe you can get him to show you what he has done, if you are up for intensive diy. His setup is impressive, and you won't find many commercial growers with more experience and willingness to share.

Thank you, Marinea :)

I've not posted on here for quite a long time. Glad I stopped by.

Grumpy

Back