SURPRISE! I drew more bunnies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
I don't have much real-life bun news to share, so sharing some recent :bunnyhop: art instead. Mostly for the game Lucky Lapine (http://www.luckylapine.com/), and a Watership Down fanart because everyone has to draw the Black Rabbit of Inlé at least once. :p

Tan and Tronder (AKA: Norwegian Silver Fox)
somebuns6.jpg

Sallander Dutch and Standard Chinchilla. Tried a different technique for agouti on the chin...didn't like it, but they're meant to be viewed much smaller than this, so I let it slide. :?
somebuns5.jpg

Thuringer and Sallander!
somebuns4.jpg

aaand the legendary Black Rabbit of Inlé! :twisted: I can’t remember the book, but based on the movie, I feel like Fiver might’ve met the Black Rabbit before as a kit. He seems like the sort that would’ve been perpetually unwell.
Also I drew the Black Rabbit in marten color because no one said I can't. :mrgreen:
Inle5.png

I love your version of the Black Rabbit of Inlé! I'm actually very tempted to put several Watership Down quotes around my rabbitry (I have always been very fond of the book, even if the movie scared me a bit as a kid). And I like the silver marten version... makes me think of the moonlight clinging to his fur a bit, since Frith is associated with the sun and the Black Rabbit seems to be his opposite in most fanart. :oops:

Thanks guys. :in_love:

Nymphadora":2fd0dvcg said:
And I like the silver marten version... makes me think of the moonlight clinging to his fur a bit, since Frith is associated with the sun and the Black Rabbit seems to be his opposite in most fanart. :oops:
lol Kind of what I was going for. :D "GIVE HIM MOONLIGHT IN HIS FUR" was droning in my head...it just seems so fitting.

funnies50":291mbuhg said:
woahh those are gorgeous! love your artwork ;)
psst, what brush settings do you use for the fur?
Thanks!
Late reply...sorry...but this is it, more or less.
The Black Rabbit was shaded with a Photoshop brush...would be easier to send the brush itself rather than screenshotting the settings on it. :oops:
(First two are lining, shading, color...whatever. 2nd two are for blending the shading or colors.)
lines-n-smudge.jpg

__________ Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm __________

+ a quick wild bun for a Lucky Lapine event in April, and some wool shading practice. :D

Spring-Event-Full.png

SHE-SLEEPS.jpg

And here's some guinea pigs... :lol:
oh-my-god.jpg

SixGun":3rrsdw9v said:
Psybird":3rrsdw9v said:
How would we go about joining your website, looks fun!
Also great artwork, I like the bold style you have :lilbunny:

You'll need an invite code to join Lucky Lapine. PM me if you would like one. I play....

im unable to pm right now. dont think ive been on rabbit talk long enough to use the feature :roll:
ill pm you when i can :lilbunny: <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:56 am __________ <br /><br />
Nyctra":3rrsdw9v said:
funnies50":3rrsdw9v said:
And here's some guinea pigs... :lol:

i think im in love with those cavies :p
3 wolf moon is one of my favorite shirts

Psybird":28hc18on said:
in love with those cavies :p
3 wolf moon is one of my favorite shirts
:lol: Thank you. Was just goofing off, because a color preview image resembled it. :p <br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:03 am __________ <br /><br /> I spent 30 minutes on a sketchy bunny animation this morning...my first try at animating a rabbit! :bunnyhop:
getting_ready_for_takeoff_by_nyctra-dbjbrkx.gif

I should probably try looking at video reference next time. lol

Very cute. I'd say the front paws lack weight and the ears going up and down so much makes it a bit cartoony. (Cartoony isnt nescessarilly a bad thing btw)
Other then that it's well animated and the proportions are well kept. You just need a few more frames.

Back