MSRBA Show 4-5 March 2017

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.msrba.net/index.html

Located in East Lansing, MI
MSU Pavillon

I'm looking forward to this show!
Anyone out there going to show Harlequins or REX? <br /><br /> __________ Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 am __________ <br /><br /> What a wonderful weekend....
I'm exhausted, but came home with 2 brood quality Harlequin and a pet Netherland Dwarf for Kira.

Kiki got Best Opposite in Show A and another breeder that has Kiki's grandmother won Best of Breed in Show C!!!

4 Harlequin Breeders at this show and two others approached me to say they would have brought theirs if they had known that other Harlequin breeders were going to be there!

I camped out with the Michigan Rex Breeders all day and THANK YOU sooo much to Chrissy for getting my rabbits to the show table when I stepped outside to look at someone elses Harlequins!! The Michigan Rex breeders and some of the most AMAZING rabbit people! I have been helping a friend for a year with he REX at shows, so know everyone by sight at least... they are so helpful and warm and really help each other improve! (and to help the Harlequin Breeder in their group improve!)

MSU - show March 4,5, 2017.png

Sounds like you had a fantastic time! I'm glad you found a nice group of people to hang out with at shows, it certainly makes the hours of waiting more fun ;)

Any chance for some pics of the new additions? :D

:popcorn:

sorry ... no photos yet... I ran out of time this morning .... I was just plumb tired last night and I have no excuse for not taking pictures at the show except I was having too much fun to pull out my phone! :lol: :lol:

Finding a great bunch to hang with at a rabbit show is part of all the fun... and the shopping.... and meeting new people..... and the rabbits... ok, I'm hooked.. I just have to watch it as my CASH is running out and I have just so much for shows I can go to ...lol

SarniaTricia":1tfx25bs said:
I have no excuse for not taking pictures at the show except I was having too much fun to pull out my phone!
Tsk tsk!
Just kidding, I know I forget I even have a phone when I'm having fun... and I've gotten reprimanded for not answering a ton of calls because I left my phone in the other room, or on my nightstand, or in the kitchen (basically wherever I'm not at the moment).
:lol:

SarniaTricia":1tfx25bs said:
Finding a great bunch to hang with at a rabbit show is part of all the fun... and the shopping.... and meeting new people..... and the rabbits... ok, I'm hooked.. I just have to watch it as my CASH is running out and I have just so much for shows I can go to ...lol
Yup, I've found myself a lovely group as well, and for now it's wonderful just learning from them and watching them show their bunnies.

What's funny is I tend to nod when I'm listening to the judges (because I'm really trying to learn what they look for, of course, and it's just a natural instinct for me to nod in agreement), and one of the judges kept looking in my direction every time he picked up a new rabbit to start evaluating like he was trying to figure out which ones belonged to me. Ha, joke's on him, none of them are! :p

Really though, it's all good fun, and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to learn as much as possible before I really get started (although there's something to be said for diving in head first). :oops:

Nymphadora":36cht8hc said:
Really though, it's all good fun, and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to learn as much as possible before I really get started (although there's something to be said for diving in head first). :oops:

I went to shows with a friend to close to a year before selecting my breed and starting to show.... I did dive in with meat rabbits (they were given to me by a friend that was getting out of rabbits because of health issues that didn't let him take care of the animals the way he wanted to)

Latest posts

Back