Rabbit hammock and imperfect kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely Rambling! But I know bunny people will understand.

I made a rabbit hammock for Sage! My poor old butthead that I brought inside just looked uncomfortable laying on the pine pellets, so I had to do something. :?

I bought some PVC pipe and fittings, and sewed a few pieces of fleece to make a little hide hole with a hammock spot on top. So far he's not chewing (not much of a chewer for anything, really) and seems to prefer sitting up there, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he keeps that up, but he'll be closely supervised until I know what he's up to. :) (please ignore his naked butt in the picture, he blows EVERYTHING when he molts...)

I also decided on a buck to take his cage outside. I still have room for another doe and am not sure who gets that spot, but meet Quill!! He's Sage's son, and I ended up culling his mom to health reasons, so I need a black-wooled rabbit. He's an absolute sweetheart, and is showing a LOT of potential for his build, and has some amazing density going on already, even if his coat is pre-destined to end up too soft for the SOP (both parents were), but HIS EYES ARE GREY!!! I'm thinking he's a self Chin, so that's what I'm going to blame. Of course on of the better bucks I've bred out would have an eye color that rules him un showable. *Sigh*

I still am happy enough with him that he's going to be held back to breed to my Red doe. Should get some good kits there for the wool and the table. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2287.JPG
    IMG_2287.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_2286.JPG
    IMG_2286.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_2289.JPG
    IMG_2289.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG