Do 2 kits need heating + fostering question.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
My two does are kindling this weekend, and I have a few questions. Of course I don't know for sure how many they will have, but I thought I might as well be prepared. I think my doe is only going to have 1-2, last time she had 1 and she appears to not have very many in her. The other doe looks like she'll have a nice size. (based on stomach size, amount and placement of kicks).

First, if one doe has 1 or 2 kits, I would want to give her 1 or 2 of the other doe's kits(provided she has enough) to keep them warm. What is the maximum age difference for fostering? For instance, if the first doe has her kits on day 31, and my other doe has her kits 2 or 3 days later(as usual for her), could I still foster?

Second, if I couldn't foster, would two kits need a hot water bottle to keep them warm like a singleton, or would they be fine?

Thanks in advance :D

The rule of thumb I use is that I can only foster within 5 days of age. So 3 days apart, esp. if they were due the same day, should be fine. What's the temperature like for you?

Ok, thank you!

It's summer going into fall, but it doesn't get super cold. Maybe 70+ degrees Fahrenheit during the day, probably 60-70 in the night.

Latest posts

Back