My friend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
So I have a friend who just recently found out her bunt was a boy. He is a house pet, she is fairly new to rabbits. She was looking into getting a rabbit from a place in Montrose. My friend was looking into buying a baby from her, she liked a grey baby and mess angered her on Facebook. The owner said she could reserve one and would save one for her, my friend was on the waiting list and was one of the only ones. It was an accidental litter and she didn't know if the baby's where holland lops or holland mini crosses. My friend came to me for advice, I didn't really know what to say. The baby's are beyond cute, but the owner is kind of shady making no sense in her texts, saying she could then couldnt reserve. She also doesn't know if they are pure bred and is selling them as show rabbits. What do you guys think?

If your friend wants to show the next rabbit, it would be best to buy one from a breeder at a show. Judges are usually willing to look over a prospective purchase when they are between judging breeds if you ask.

MamaSheepdog":28apzrwj said:
If your friend wants to show the next rabbit, it would be best to buy one from a breeder at a show. Judges are usually willing to look over a prospective purchase when they are between judging breeds if you ask.

YES, YES and YES
Please tell your friend to:
Take your time if you are looking for show stock.
Give yourself a year timeline (or at least a couple of months) to go to shows, talk to breeders, watch rabbits on the table, Take notes... Learn the names of reputable breeders of your rabbit breed... join facebook groups...

You can jump in with two feet only to find out that the stock that you paid good money for are producing un-showable colours or are horrible typed animals.
Or worse! the pedigrees are bogus and you just paid show quality $ for meat rabbits.
(I have nothing against meat rabbits! Just wouldn't be selling my meat mutts with pedigrees!)

She isn't looking to show just as a pet and a buddy for her current rabbit so he doesn't get bored or lonely. The babies are growing up great and gorgeous. I think she worked out all of the kinks and is going to hopefully get a baby bunny on February 3rd without delay or problems.

Go with your gut. A good business person will at least be able to make a basic converation via email and/or text. If they cant then I just move on. I do that with buyers too. If they cannot communicate basic information and make sense its not worth my efforts or time.

she got him and I'm glad she did he was skinny when she got him, is fat and sassy, is know best buddies with her other rabbit,

Latest posts

Back