Register

What an Attitude!

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 6,852.00

What an Attitude!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ButtonsPalace » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:06 pm

So yesterday, I went outside to give everyone a round of coconut oil after seeing two shaking their heads with some red deep in their ears. Well once I got outside to the hutch with Dorothy and Rose, I figured, no problem these guys should be the easiest of them all, they are some of the sweetest does I've ever met after all... Well apparently Dorothy wasn't in the mood for being caught... She started thrashing and freaking out so I tried to put her down without breaking her back preferably, and as soon as I let go of her she rolled around and latched onto my hoodie!! *Thank god I had a hoodie one or she would've been dinner last night!!* I immediately grabbed her and tossed her in with the closest buck, I know she's ornery because she wants to be with a buck but it's 3 days from a full moon and full moon's bring big litters and more bucks and Aries bucks are poor quality D: D: Maybe I'll just breed them anyway and any bucks will immediately be crockpot bucks... Uhh.. Any other reason why she could've lashed out? I know I made her mad because she don't like to be held down it makes her very mad *as I found out last night* I mean even though I made her mad normally my does wouldn't bite... ,
@Happydalerabbits on Facebook :)

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,879.00

Re: What an Attitude!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Prisma » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:19 am

Moon phases in my experience...really don't mean much. Either the genes or there or not.

Does can be silly, just depends on what you want to tolerate...good luck!
Visit the Rabbitry on the web @ http://prismaticrabbitry.wixsite.com/prismatic

Specializing in Mini Rex for showing (tri). Select few Netherland Dwarfs just for fun.
Located near Glenville, West Virginia

Post Number:#3  Unread postby ButtonsPalace » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Well she's always been so sweet, I count that as strike one personally, I wanna try moon breeding after my two hours of research and notes.. I like having little experimental things to fool around with. Especially since majority of my litters are all does or close to all does (I'm really praying the steel is a buck and I haven't mis-gendered him, he's the only boy from a litter of 8.. I'm really hoping he's a super steel..

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 7,980.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 am

ButtonsPalace wrote:Well she's always been so sweet, I count that as strike one personally, I wanna try moon breeding after my two hours of research and notes.. I like having little experimental things to fool around with. Especially since majority of my litters are all does or close to all does (I'm really praying the steel is a buck and I haven't mis-gendered him, he's the only boy from a litter of 8.. I'm really hoping he's a super steel..

I have tried it before- there were larger litters, - but- I already had larger litters than my does could raise to sale weight in 8 weeks, ... and, for a commercial breeder, waiting for a full moon really can throw off breeding schedules ..
So for me-- I did better with smaller litters of larger birth weight kits, that could all go out the door at 8 weeks.
Seed Garlic, http://www.Mountainvalleygarlic.com , https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Valle ... 254347988/,
hard neck garlic varieties for fall planting.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens, and too many ducks..
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref

Post Number:#5  Unread postby ButtonsPalace » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Well with litters consisting of 3-5 I feel like it's time for change. And it's not waiting for a full or new moon. New moon is said to increase amount of does, while full is supposed to increase bucks. Full moons or waxing (moon is getting bigger) bring bigger litters while waning or new bring smaller. From what it seems to me nobody has done this consecutively and actually wrote down the results. I'm gonna try it seeing I really have nothing better to do and why not see if it actually works or not. I've got two virgin does as my test subjects and will be breeding them during the waxing/full moons; while breeding my two older 3 year old does during waning/new moons. Then I still have another two that I'll be breeding randomly in between, not using the moons whatsoever. That way we'll see if there's actually results, over the course of a year.