2-11 Loveland CO Open and Wool?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone going? I'm planning on it so long as the weather holds.

Double open and youth with an Angoras of the Rockies Specialty show and a Holland and Friends specialty show.

cheering_minions.gif

Good for you and my enabler friend!

I want to but we'll have to see... I mean I could get hit by a buss by then. :lol:

I just got the email from the breeder my Satin Angora doe came from too saying that she has a buck for me to pick up at the show!!

Woot!!

Be ready for a Satin baby this fall Sixgun!

Oh my goodness! I'll be ready! Oh I'm so excited. I want to spin it now!

I'll likely be bring four fuzz butts.

I went ahead and made some contact with others going to that show. Sounds like I'll be adding at least two more does and a buck to my French herd too! Why fight rabbitosis? That's unhealthy I think! <br /><br /> __________ Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well, we've made it to Colorado! I think it's warmer here than back home?

I'd say where is the snow, but I do not tempt the weather....

Oh man, lucky you! You are so blessed to have a husband that actually encourages your addiction! :) Love my hubby, but he really keeps me in check!

He says that there is a secret bunny number limit in his head. I just haven't reached it yet. So, since I bought five rabbits, so far, beween this week and next, the limit is greater than 10. Yippee!

He's one of the good ones for sure. He even drove the whole way. So i got a lot of knitting done with my new home spun!

Woot!!

I've got the truck all packed except for myself and bunnies. 3:30 am start time, here I come!!

I'll be excited to meet you there Sixgun. You'll get to see the whole Satin trio, when I find the people who have my new buck and doe there!! :)

:) My little red FA got 3 out of 4 in the Jr class as she was "weak in the shoulders, has a small head, and is just too young to compete well with the older Jr does". (She's all of 13 weeks, I was more or less just happy for her to get some experience.) The Satin Angora REW doe got 1st Jr white doe as there was no competition, but got very high comments, not a negative thing to be said, but again, just too young to compete with the older buns. (15 weeks)

I'm happy with that. :)

I also got a new pair of SA, a black buck with the same build as my REW doe who's already a year if a bit on the small side, and a Lilac Chin doe, who just turned 5. She was all of $10 due to her age so if I get one litter from her and the buck before she stops producing I count that as a win. I just want to pass on those color genetics! <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 am __________ <br /><br /> I'm sure Sixgun will pipe in with her results. It was fun to meet another RT member in person, and to scheme about trading kits this fall. Her broken doe that she showed sure is a nice little girl, and it was nice to hear that I'm not the only one who has a buck with a distinct 'personality'. :lol:

Oh.... What a trip!
We were the big winners, with a trip via ambulance to the ER!

But let me tell you about the rest of the trip first.

It was great to meet Homer enroute! Beautiful rabbit too!

15 hours of driving got us to the show. PSF was there to greet me, and thank goodness because I was a bit out of sorts. I've got to devise a better way to keep transports separate. I had PSFs phone number mixed up and I thought she was a transport I had missed.... I was so confused!

But after I finally orientated myself I was able to get to business. My buck was a stinker, and I swear his coat that was great two weeks ago was a huge mat yesterday. By the time I had him show ready I had at least 2oz of wool combed out. Grrrr.... Shoo, now he's mat free and lacking density in his coat. Not to mention his picky eating has him out of condition. Ever get to a show and wonder, "Why did I bring this rabbit?"

However, the new doe I bought took 2nd in her class of 15 in both show A & B. And my new REW buck took his class and BOV a couple times too. My newly turned senior doe, was awfully light, but placed in the middle of her class rather consistently.

So, it was getting very late and we had yet to start our specialty. We needed a scribe for the judge, so I volunteered, even though I was anxious to get on the road. We made it through English, French and were almost done with Satin when there's a report that one of the children playing had gotten hurt. Sure enough, my daughter had fallen and hit her head and supposedly lost consciousness. So, we kept her immobilized and called the ambulance. We went to the ER and had a CAT scan taken. No worries, she's good to go. No fractures, or bleeds, but she has a concussion. 4 years old. I don't think I had my first concussion until about 12. She's starting early, ugh!

So I don't know who took the Specialty, and I didn't get a chance to apologize to the judge. But my husband did get all the buns loaded up, met us at the hospital, and once little one was released from the hospital we continued on to Albuquerque. We got there this morning at 4:30. I took a quick nap as I had 9 rabbits to off load from transport at 7:30.

Then I took another nap, and now we're on our way home. Just another 6 hours of driving.

Well, of course it snowed heavily last night as we were leaving Colorado. New Mexico has been soooo windy! Almost back in Arizona.... Weather is finally improving a tad. Hitting 70, versus the 30s and 40s of the last few hours.

It was so great to meet you PSF! We need to plan another meet soon!

Back