Register

Selling Offal

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
Site Supporter
10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Canada
BunnyBucks: 2,860.00

Selling Offal

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Truckinguy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:05 am

I just had a friend contact me who is trying to feed her dogs a more natural diet and she is interested in getting organ meats and possibly feet from my rabbits, turkeys and chickens. Does anyone else do this and, if so, any idea on pricing? She told me to come up with a price that I think is fair so I'm doing a little research to figure out what the price range is.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,899.00

Re: Selling Offal

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Prisma » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Around here if varies. Some people will sell whole rabbit (alive) for as little as $3.00 per head or $1.00 per live weight. I won't mess with it unless I get $5.00 per pound of live weight (5lb rabbit is $25.00). Ones that are going to be feeders don't get chemical wormers. There's a few I sell to that can't have any thing but a healthy rabbit (no antibiotic treated, no commercial wormer, no artificials...they are OK with the feeding program I have).

I can't keep enough of them lately, they've been buying as soon as they are weaned what I will sell for feeders. I've not had a lot of litters either (2 litters of MR in the last 6 months). I TRUST these people though, know them very well. This could be very bad if they were some one else or were out in the eye of the public (some of them live close to AR fanatics and they know all too well about what trouble they could have, so they are very good about being hush hush). I get paid in cash when I do have some to go and they meet me half way for a little extra for pick up. They do the butchering and all.
Visit the Rabbitry on the web @ http://prismaticrabbitry.wixsite.com/prismatic

Specializing in Mini Rex for showing (tri). Select few Netherland Dwarfs just for fun.
Located near Glenville, West Virginia

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 3,919.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby SarniaTricia » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:00 pm

I sell chicken feet $10/dozen -fresh or frozen
I would imagine rabbits would be the same....

offal $2/lb (Chicken and Rabbit)
Breeding Czech Frosty & Magpie Harlequin Rabbits for Showing, Meat and Pelts...
Working towards a farm to raise animals with respect and care.
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

https://www.facebook.com/BABRabbits/
https://www.facebook.com/Growing-Urban- ... 749253819/
https://www.facebook.com/AmherstburgFarmersMarket/

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 31,978.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Zass » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 pm

I would probably go by price/pound. You could make it very simple and create one standard price/lb for any unwanted parts.

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,745.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby AnnClaire » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 am

If you do "sell by the pound" be sure to include the phrase "more or less" otherwise, in most states you have to have certified scales to quote a per pound price.
cheers - AnnClaire