Selling Offal

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckinguy

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a friend contact me who is trying to feed her dogs a more natural diet and she is interested in getting organ meats and possibly feet from my rabbits, turkeys and chickens. Does anyone else do this and, if so, any idea on pricing? She told me to come up with a price that I think is fair so I'm doing a little research to figure out what the price range is.

Around here if varies. Some people will sell whole rabbit (alive) for as little as $3.00 per head or $1.00 per live weight. I won't mess with it unless I get $5.00 per pound of live weight (5lb rabbit is $25.00). Ones that are going to be feeders don't get chemical wormers. There's a few I sell to that can't have any thing but a healthy rabbit (no antibiotic treated, no commercial wormer, no artificials...they are OK with the feeding program I have).

I can't keep enough of them lately, they've been buying as soon as they are weaned what I will sell for feeders. I've not had a lot of litters either (2 litters of MR in the last 6 months). I TRUST these people though, know them very well. This could be very bad if they were some one else or were out in the eye of the public (some of them live close to AR fanatics and they know all too well about what trouble they could have, so they are very good about being hush hush). I get paid in cash when I do have some to go and they meet me half way for a little extra for pick up. They do the butchering and all.

If you do "sell by the pound" be sure to include the phrase "more or less" otherwise, in most states you have to have certified scales to quote a per pound price.

Back