Selecting a Show Bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly I'm not seeing a justification for the price either. :( I don't know Hollands either but I think you could find a decent rabbit for cheaper if you poke around on facebook. :)

My friend replied with "Based on that photo, I wouldn't spend $250. He looks like decent breeding quality but more to the tune of like $60-75"

Sometimes it because they loooove you so much LOL When its other bucks, well, not really. It is a dominance thing, but sometimes you can change bucks and it can lessen.

I used to house doe/buck/doe/buck and that helped one buck to cut back.

My Holland bucks sprayed their whole life. And velveteen lops & mini lops. French & English have sprayed me at shows - this is why I won't do lops.
I wouldn't pay $250 for the buck

What I would do is ask for any rewards won by that rabbit. For a holland, a nice price for our family is about $100. Maybe haggle the price with 'em.

__________ Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:36 am __________

My gosh, I would never spend that much on a buck with 1 leg. I know the one I'm talking about is a mini lop, but I spent $25 on her and her dad literally has 30 legs. Someone else in her family has a lot too. If you want it to be a show rabbit, go to a good breeder, but not a breeder so premium they expect $250 for a rabbit with next to no legs. Maybe a rabbit for 100 if it has more legs, but still. That price is horrible for that rabbit.

Whoops, I didn't know.

Hi Therabbitryperson,

This thread is just over a year old, I think the final decisions have all been made. Just keep an eye on the last post date for threads, and use your judgement if responding to older posts. While we don't need to ressurect zombie threads, sometimes it is useful to update old threads or keep an informative thread going with further helpful tips.

Welcome to RabbitTalk, it's a wonderful place! :D

Cheers,
Nymph

Back