What's up with the one kit's fur ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my gosh, did you get an astrex too?! i'm so jealous! and none of you live near me so i can mooch one off of you to cross into my rexes ;P

yep, from what i understand they are a 'double rex' which causes them to be curly and sometimes patchy. i think they're fantastic and i would love to get one to start breeding for it in my standard rexes. 2crazyfools has an astrex kit a few threads down too.

they are apparently quite rare and desirable to the right people! if for nothing else than they are rather unique looking. i am a person who really loves unique looking animals, so they are on my holy grail list for sure.

Oh how fun! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures as your little weirdo grows up. Like Shazza mentioned, I have also recently scratched my head when a kit started growing that odd fur, "What's wrong with you??" and learned about the astrex gene. Not sure how it got in my meat mutts but it's pretty fun! Don't freak out if your little rabbit starts losing his/her fur, apparently the balding gene often accompanies the astrex gene. :shock: If you have a facebook you may benefit from joining the Astrex Rabbit group on there, they helped me through my mini-freak-out when Jeri started molting... https://www.facebook.com/groups/592914080733737/

Latest posts

Back