Timothy Hay

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to RT.
I find I get more helpful advice when I give more background information. Especially helpful here is to let people know where you're located. My rabbits eat more hay in winter than is summer when they are getting lots of fresh gathered forage. (I don't feed pellets) Were you thinking of cutting hay from an available field or planting an area with the intent to cut it for rabbits? What is your basic feed?
Best of luck with any attempts to grow more of your own feed.

Thanks for your time. Yes I was looking and growing my own feed. I was even thinking of getting a pellet machine. Cannot seem to find any good recipes. I know fresh is best but I herd you can pelletize stuff they normally would not eat because its to hard.

Have you found the natural feed forum here on RT? Lots of good information there. So much depends on what your goals are, what you have to work with, how many rabbits you're feeding etc. In general, growing your own feed takes more time and costs less. Grow out time is somewhat longer if you are raising them for meat.
Guess I don't understand why anyone would want to make their own pellets. What do you want to feed that you think would be better in that form?

Latest posts

Back