Just gonna leave this here

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I just wanted to chime in that I just bought 2 English Angoras from Cheryl McMurl Last Ditch Hoppers also!! She has incredible rabbits, and is super nice too!

Also cute bun!!

Thanks!

I agree, LDH has awesome stock. She is supposed to be looking at getting out of French though, she said they don't sell as well as the English.

I have one doe that is out of her lines, but one generation removed (she bred the parents), but I may be looking at replacing her as her temperament with being groomed is really crappy. I don't think she was ever thoroughly groomed as a kit, just touched up occasionally. Its turned to biting now that she has a litter, and I've had enough of LDH's lines in the past to know that's NOT how her rabbits act. The ones I have bought directly from her were lovely.

So, long story short, I may be messaging you Sixgun when I get the first litter out of this Satin doe. My good French stock is all Angora Trees at this point so I'd love to bring some better socialized LDH in and boot the grumpy doe to the freezer.

Dizzy, were you at the Henderson show then? Thats where the little Satin came from.

DizzyBunnyFibers":2mr1pp4h said:
Hello! I just wanted to chime in that I just bought 2 English Angoras from Cheryl McMurl Last Ditch Hoppers also!! She has incredible rabbits, and is super nice too!

Also cute bun!!

Yes, thats how I was so lucky to get two very nice does from her as she is downsizing her French. Totally worth the 14 hour one way drive! :) I'd love to see pics of your EA. I've had EA in the past, but enjoy this little bit of a change for French.

PSFAngoras":2mr1pp4h said:
I agree, LDH has awesome stock. She is supposed to be looking at getting out of French though, she said they don't sell as well as the English.

I have one doe that is out of her lines, but one generation removed (she bred the parents), but I may be looking at replacing her as her temperament with being groomed is really crappy. I don't think she was ever thoroughly groomed as a kit, just touched up occasionally. Its turned to biting now that she has a litter, and I've had enough of LDH's lines in the past to know that's NOT how her rabbits act. The ones I have bought directly from her were lovely.

So, long story short, I may be messaging you Sixgun when I get the first litter out of this Satin doe. My good French stock is all Angora Trees at this point so I'd love to bring some better socialized LDH in and boot the grumpy doe to the freezer.

You message me any time PSF! :)
I tell you, the temperament on her rabbits is exceptional. My older doe is just about the best mother I've ever had. Not once was she even cross throughout pregnancy and 8 weeks of babies. If anything, she seems quite upset that I've weaned a few away. And to that point she raised all 9 perfectly. We've had nice weight gains. I can't say enough good.
The broken doe I got from her is also super sweet, and a bit of a spitfire. She cracks my husband and I up, because she seems to have the same personality as our Weimaraner, which is "love me, I'm over here, love me!" She is actually named after Cheryl in a round about way because our experience was so positive.

Will do Sixgun! This doe is 3 months now, so it that gives me four or five months to find a buck (if the one I'm trying to get falls through) depending on how fast she grows. I'm sure we can work something out sometime around early fall. :)

Latest posts

Back