My city-boy DH is coming around!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
Well, he kinda freaked when I brought the Cals home. :evil: Either I misunderstood him, or he didn't dream the rabbits would be coming so soon (like the next day). :roll: At least they didn't kindle the next week!

He's been a trouper since then, though. This past weekend, he finished the cage rack I had started a while back but was having trouble with (I measured TOO tightly and didn't know what to do to fix it). In the process, he noticed that a couple of the poo pans were cracked and told me to order more. :up: And he loves to go out and talk to the buns.

He's already said several times that he'll do anything that needs to be done with the buns, including cleaning/butchering, EXCEPT dispatching them. That'll be up to me or one of the boys. ;)

Next on the list of adventures: chickens! :whistle:

You go girl! Trust me, if he's liking the rabbits..the chickens (if you start with baby chicks) are going to be a piece of CAKE! You might try a couple of turkey poults, too. heritage birds. I don't think ANYONE can resist those cuties.

That's terrific. It's so much more fun when you have someone to share it with!

Frosted Rabbits":1stqef2b said:
Does he have a like-minded brother available?
LOL! His brothers are all worse city boys than he is! (And they're all taken, anyway. I don't have any brothers, either.) His whole family thinks we're just a bit nuts for wanting to live out in the country and raise livestock, etc.

Latest posts

Back