• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rescue Rabbits for Re-homing in CO

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm trying to help an off-site friend re-home a couple rabbits she rescued recently. They were both living together in a tiny cage and the doe was picking all of the fur off of the buck. The people who originally had them got them as pets and didn't research, so the two weeks they had them they were housed together and being fed only iceburg lettuce and carrots, and kept on cedar shavings. Poor things were skin and bone when she picked them up.

They're doing a lot better now, both up to weight and the buck has almost all of his fur back, and now it's time for them to go to new homes. She's asking re-homing fees to cover her costs for them.

The doe is what we guess to be a pure-bred Standard Rex, though she's smallish. 7 pounds and 11 ounces. She's not a show bunny, she's long in the shoulder and has little depth, but she could still be a good rabbit for someone not looking for show stock. She's a chocolate otter. We're pretty sure she's under a year, but they came with no info, so can't prove anything. She wasn't successfully bred in the time she was with the buck, I think maybe because she was too young. She is a very sweet doe, and constantly falls asleep during nail trims. She's asking $20 for her.

The black buck is at best guess a mini satin mix. He has an okay build, but he's nothing special. He'd do best as someone's pet. Very sweet little guy. His fur is just about grown in from the doe ripping it all out. He weighs 6 pounds and 4 ounces. She's asking $10 for him.

PM me if interested and I'll forward the info to her.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2023.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 976
Can't help you with the re-home but you might have her try Craig's List. Really like that chocolate doe . :) Pretty rabbits and at those prices I bet they'll sell.

If not have her take them to the Castle Rock show next month.

:good-luck:

Thanks Homer!

She does have the buck posted on CL. No hits yet. She was going to post the doe too, but as it turns out the people she bought a CA doe from at the show this last weekend breed Rex too and are going to take the little girl to try to get the color in their herd, even though her build is kinda crappy. So that much is good!

Back