Cage Envy!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Today, I downsized, and sold half of my small herd to a guy who started with rabbits a couple of years ago, shortly after I did. He's a friend of a friend and I know him vaguely. I delivered the buns because I have transport cages, and I got to see his rabbitry.

Anyway, like me, he has ended up with a mixture of different cages. He was quite proud of his newest ones, and I don't blame him. They are beautiful! Galvanized-after wire, baby-saver at the bottom, and really nice doors and latches. He said they came from Canada, and were pretty inexpensive, including shipping to southern Florida.
We got to talking about something else before I found out who he purchased them from.
I'll bet someone here can steer me to a website. :mrgreen:
Thanks!

Canada IS really big...

... but doesn't yet have enough cage suppliers for my tastes. Seems as though all the fun rabbit things (and people?) are concentrated out east. *sigh* Population dynamics being what they are I guess that makes sense.

However, if I had to make a guess, I would suggest Grandview Rabbitry http://www.grandviewrabbitry.com/store/ *may* have supplied him? Sounds like his commercial cages, anyhow. I've worked with Brian on one order, and am considering a second for custom-sized cage trays for my rack re-build. He's fantastic to work with, so long as his emails don't get lost in the void of your spam filter.

Ferra":3mkufwtx said:
Canada IS really big...

... but doesn't yet have enough cage suppliers for my tastes. Seems as though all the fun rabbit things (and people?) are concentrated out east. *sigh* Population dynamics being what they are I guess that makes sense.

However, if I had to make a guess, I would suggest Grandview Rabbitry http://www.grandviewrabbitry.com/store/ *may* have supplied him? Sounds like his commercial cages, anyhow. I've worked with Brian on one order, and am considering a second for custom-sized cage trays for my rack re-build. He's fantastic to work with, so long as his emails don't get lost in the void of your spam filter.

Thanks. That could very well be it. Those do look like what he has, but I will ask him.

Love the video! :lol: ...I never thought it was small. :oops:
Ask me, I live in the greatest country the world has ever seen. Yet, I always seem to be embarrassed for us for one reason or another. :roll:

karebru":2s0p50oa said:
Love the video! :lol: ...I never thought it was small. :oops:
Ask me, I live in the greatest country the world has ever seen. Yet, I always seem to be embarrassed for us for one reason or another. :roll:

I'm glad you got a kick out of it. I was just having some early-morning brain-lag and decided a ridiculous video was the right response to a comment about the size of Canada.

I figured either someone would get a kick out of it, or I'd get banned from the forum. Either way, I would have properly expressed my squirrely-before-coffee tendencies.

Anyone know if Brian is currently away? I'm having a hard time getting replies as I am trying to place an order with him? Anyone have any insight into the cages he offers? They look great, I'm placing my order ASAP as soon as I can get a reply from him! So pumped.. hoping they're as good as they look on the website!

I decided to expand my rabbitry and just placed an order myself. I noted he wasn't near his phone on the weekend, but I did get an email late last night.

I have had some serious problems with his website's emails getting caught in my spam filter in the past, though. You may wish to search there, especially if you are on Gmail as I am.

Depending on how shipping goes, I may be able to comment on the cages soon. I decided that with his 36x24 coming in at $3 more than I would spend for wire to make the same cage, and coming with a door latch and baby-saver wire rather than my locally available 1x1, it was worth it to switch to commerical cages from handmade.

Due to the amounts of stuff I ordered, I am probably getting a whole pallet shipped. So I figured if I was going to pay for shipping I best make it worth it. I am expanding my rabbitry to 6 holes, but keeping extra supplies to go up to 9 if necessary.

Someone dangled nice French Angora stock in front of me recently, so it might end up being necessary!

Ok I'll hold off for another few days maybe he just hasn't had a chance to get me the total I need, but I really need to get it going! I have a whole whack of rabbits bred and I need the grow out space! hahaha, I also found his pricing to be GREAT even with the shipping charges.. I really hope I hear from him soon! I am with GMAIL but he's responded once before so it should not be in the spam folder as I've already corresponded with him.. I'll check to be sure. THank you for your help!

Latest posts

Back