Chestnut? And this black on is starting to turn into a chin?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I have these two kits who came out black with white bellies and markings (Ears and above eyebrows), about a day later they grew these white longer hairs around their entire bottom half. They are still blackish but as their hair gets longer they look gold underneath, I'm sorry for the awful quality yall.
Dam is a Standard Chin/New Zealand and she is a Chin with what to me looks like albino markings or showing the c gene (Her eyes are brown with blue flecks, and every molt her fur gets lighter gray a little bit more starting from belly up, I could be dumb for saying this, if I am please tell me haha)
Sire is a Chocolate Silver Fox.
16128811_1915010882067814_2054991086_n.jpg16117593_1915010855401150_511291655_n.jpg16144611_1915010785401157_434327801_n.jpg16143972_1915010745401161_459487622_n.jpg16117371_1915010562067846_36715383_n.jpg

I want the sire. :) (Not really, no time for project buns :( ) I'd say most likely chestnut, but sometimes chins come in with gold hair on their backs that tends to fade out with age. If the sire ever produces any rew kits, he could also produce chinchilla colored kits. Chinchilla 1/2 foxes would be gorgeous. o_O

That they would!! They have gold on their head and back and it looks gorgeous! I was thinking chin because of the gold because chestnuts usually aren't shiny like that. Coffee's dad is a Black SF and dam is Blue SF for the momma (Harlem) her mom is a REW NZ/SC and Dad was a Chin NZ/SC.

Looks chestnut to me. Since the sire is silver fox, and silver isn't completely recessive, you'll likely see some very faint silvering as it grows up.

So far all my SF meat mutts have had silvering just like an SF only difference is they trend to look lankier IMO <br /><br /> __________ January 19th, 2017, 4:42 pm __________ <br /><br /> They are officially ONE WEEK OLD!! :) and one is going from black to gray underneath and a touch of brown behind the neck, it's not enough to catch on my cell camera and the actual camera's batteries are dead >.> (Recharging them currently) I'm trying to wait to take pics until their eyes are open so they look more bunny like, and because I want to get pics of them beautiful Rew's. Is it a Chinchilla? That's what it's looking like to me, but is it going to very dark, like almost black? Any pictures of buns that may look like this one full grown would be amaze.

I think you are probably describing a steel? The bottom kit is a black based gold tipped steel, chinchilla steel (silver tip) would be possible if the buck carries rew. (Top kit is a chocolate based GTS)
image.php

The two I was wondering about are definitely chestnut. They came out black but are both very chestnut now, I'm hoping one of them is a doe and I'm really hoping a REW is a girl.

There were in total 5 blacks when they were first born. 2 of them are chestnuts, 2 are definitely black but then this one looks like he might be a chinchilla with very dark black tips. I haven't had any chins in so long I can't remember right but I could've sworn they came out gray.

Oh, now I really wanna know what color he is! He came out solid black and is starting to get gray underneath it. No white markings anywhere.. Could he be a steel? I'll get pics as soon as it's a bit longer fur, or maybe today if I have the time.

Latest posts

Back