Doe was due 1/5-1/7 no kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedarane

Reaction score
I have a first time SF girl that was bred to my Cali for meat mutts for the table; however, she has yet to kindle. She sits in her nest box and stares at us as we feed, water, pet her, but hasn't moved much. Most of the hay we've given her she's eaten except for a little bit. No fur pulled. Nada. :oops: She's as big as a house. He sister kindled with no help from me. How long should I wait until I rebreed? :?

Palate her belly, feeling for lumpy things, not just size. If no lumps, go ahead and rebreed. If you just missed kits, she will possibly take great offense to the buck's desires, or it could stimulate her to hurry up and have them. If her belly is lumpy, I'd wait it out a couple more days.

I usually wait till the next weekend and rebreed.
I swear some does get huge and you get zip, some you think aren't even pregnant and you get 12. Rabbits will wear you out.

Thanks y'all! I palpated her last night and didn't feel anything, but I'm not an expert at that by any stretch. My Cali was a little young, so I may try her with my proven SF buck and see what happens. :bunnyhop:

Back