Hi standard rex gender,color,and showability questions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st one - castor doe
2nd one - black otter buck
3rd one - castor buck? (hard to see gender on this one)
4th one - black otter doe? (hard to see gender here)

They're all overposed, but if looking at quality - the castors look like their guard hairs are a bit too long, hard to see much else with overposed pictures

The judges in Michigan tend to over pose rex as well.
I think some of the breeders "train" their rex with the overpose, so that when I judge does set them up properly, they don't push back and ruin the form.

Some of the judges at the end of 2016 seemed to be trying for a better commercial pose for the rex; but there was a lot of inconsistency on the tables.

Just keep at it.... all your bunnies look showable type.... I'm not so good with colour.
(I also do not breed rex, but have been hanging with the rex breeders for 2 years now)

SarniaTricia":1o73zgvy said:
Some of the judges at the end of 2016 seemed to be trying for a better commercial pose for the rex; but there was a lot of inconsistency on the tables.

I really hope this is the case. I hate seeing the rex poised up like a ball or a mini rex.

They are the first ive ever posed and i was going by pics of other peoples they only staied like that for thepictures less than a minute eachif that helps dose anyone have a recommended picture for me togo by? <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm __________ <br /><br /> Ok i put up some newer pics we will call the parts pick otter 1 and 2 and castor 1 and 2 i know what pics belon to what buns for gender i also got them a little more relaxed they are laying down im not sure if there posed but you can get a better look

This is the best help I could find. Make sure the rabbits elbows are on the table and its front toes are under its eye. 545b422cb41c1c2681a139d345f0300c.jpg Though this is the way they are supposed to be shown it seems we are getting into a much more scrunched up pose where the back toes nearly touch or do touch the elbows. I think its wrong but it makes the rabbits look like they have more depth than they really do.

Latest posts

Back