First litter of 2017! Coming to a nestbox near you soon!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll have my first 2017 litter tomorrow! From my virgin doe Lilac. I bred her to her brother because I want to see what good and bad genetics my rabbits carry. If she's not pregnant I'm not going to try again with same buck.

But... I wanna see your first 2017 litters, maybe it'll inspire my buns to be more productive! On that note, any tips? They are all healthy except one has some ear mites we're working to get rid of, they are all of age and weight but even when I give them acv over a long period, no litters. It hasn't been that cold either, well not until yesterday cause it's snowed.

If you want to see mine you have to wait till the 3 rd of next month. If my virgin took. :)

I should have one today because I'm pretty sure I felt kits in the virgin doe. Either way I know My two mutt does have took and it makes me so happy to see pregnant bellies! My older REW Butterball seems to be doing a lot better since I've left her daughter (only about 2 months old) in her cage with her. I intend to remove her on the kindle date, they cuddle and groom each other and just altogether they both seem very happy. <br /><br /> -- January 8th, 2017, 9:15 pm -- <br /><br /> HERE THEY ARE!! Well what's left of them anyway :/ 5 out of the 9 survived, 3 chocolate, 2 lilac 15942045_1910277912541111_1260617062_n.jpg

Congrats!! At least she was able to keep five alive. That's not bad for a first time mom. And nice colors, too!

I'll post my litter on the 19th if the doe doesn't bugger it up again. She let her first litter freeze. I'm bringing her home from the barn and inside this time though, so she won't have a choice but to get it right :)

Good luck! Hopefully this doe will do better the next go around. She seems to have rejected these guys because she could care less about them and doesn't like when it's time for them to nurse. On the 12th I have another doe hopefully due and I'll put as many on with her as I can.

My first 2017 litter was born on the 6th, Indigo, my blue Holland doe. She had 6 however she's already lost 1 of them. I found it outside of the nest box already gone. Hoping she keeps the rest alive as her last litter was also 6 and she only managed to keep 1 alive! I'll get you some pics soon!

** Pic added!***

Attachments

• IndiBabies.jpg
    IndiBabies.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,060
No pics yet, but we had a litter 12/31 and one on 1/1. A litter of eight, and one (a first timer) with a litter of seven. One of the seven we lost due to the cold and it getting separated in the next. The rest are doing well.

Well I was wrong about the litter on the 12th it's the 13th. I have another due the 20th? or 21st ( it's wrote down on the white board near my buns) how warm does it need to be outside before I don't need to shelve them?

They're here! Momma still buggered it up being inside. She built a nest, got really ticked when I put fur in it, then she put her own fur in it, and promptly had seven kits strewn about the floor of her temporary container. Two still died to chill, but the other 5 are doing great! The doe may not stay if she can't get the kidling thing right though. But here are pics of the first litter of 2017 at Postage Stamp Rabbitry!

Two blacks, a broken chestnut or chin, broken black, and an opal or squirrel. Too early to say for sure on the C locus babies

Attachments

• IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,022
Holland lop kits! :D
16114352_606431962893883_2151525229412922261_n.jpg

These 3 healthy kits came from my first home grown doe, and it being her first time as well! Not one dead kit! :D I'm so proud! She had them all in the nestbox, and pulled fur and everything! <3

I totally forgot about this post (shame on me, especially since I posted this haha)
I had a litter on 1/10/17 if I'm not wrong, 9 of them all frozen, mom didn't build a nest and it was probably one of the coldest, snowy days in January AND of course she was a first time mom, December had been so warm then we had a sudden about 3-4 day cold snap and she was due dead in the middle of it of course, I gave her a nice deep nest box figuring that would save them if she didn't pull, she dug ALL the bedding out :mad: I count this as 2 strikes, she has one more chance before she's put up for sale as a pet for 1 month and if she don't go she'll be in the crockpot overnight on low!

I had another litter on 1/12/17, I had 9 fat,warm, popples in the box! 2 blue, 2 REW, 2 Chestnut, 2 Black, 1 believe to be Chin. We did lose one blue kit that slipped out of the box and went unnoticed to long sadly. We still have the other 8 and they are officially ONE WEEK OLD!! :) <3 getting close to open their eyes, very exciting!
15978434_1912363908999178_1410527338_n.jpg16117198_1913483775553858_1088586911_n.jpg16128141_1915010225401213_2040973720_n.jpg

Back