Pelt weights?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So i have a friend who we just met, she lives near me also feeds her dog raw. Shes also a phenomenal artist. She agreed to paint a portrait of my gsd for a trade of rabbit meat.

She wants whole rabbits but no fur. Needs them around a lb each. (So not looking forward to doin the deed to cute lil babies tho)

So i was wondering how much should i let them grow to if shes looking for around 1 lb of meat per rabbit? I dont know how much an average bunny hide weighs (average meaning basic bunny fur/skin)

Any info would really help :)

I've noticed that when people give live weights vs. dress-out weights, the difference is usually about half. So wait until you've got a bunny that reaches about 2 lbs, dispatch and dress it out, and see if it's near the 1 lb mark. Adjust your next dispatch accordingly.

I have absolutely zero experience in this as of yet, but I figured it's an educated guess. Plus I'm sure there's variation between different breeds, if they want the offal or not, etc.

Latest posts

Back