Register

my new baby loin head bunny

A special place for pet owners to discuss their companion rabbits.
BunnyBucks: 45.00

Re: my new baby loin head bunny

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Cartoonist700 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:53 am

I hear your advise
You.might be right, she could be 3 or 4 weeks old
I.am monitoring her , so far she is doing good
I 'm glad of that....
So what about Timothy. Hay ughm how many months old would you say in order to.have Timothy hay?
She. Has been washing her self
And she was weaned.
Yeah your right she. Must be 3 or 4 months old.

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,737.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Prisma » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:15 am

3 or 4 weeks. Timothy is fine now, I give mixed grass hay (is a mix of clover, timothy, alfalfa and other grasses). It is on the lower end of the scale as far as protein content goes but does OK for fiber/enrichment.

Timothy is usually what's suggested unless you're feeding a non-pelleted diet or orchard grass hay.
Rabbitry is changing in 2016.

Glenville, West Virginia

Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 56,183.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:20 am

Another safe food for baby rabbits is plain kitchen oatmeal (Like Quaker Old-Fashioned /Large-Flake). Rabbits love it and it is easy to digest. Do not feed instant or flavoured varieties. Don't give her too much, just a spoonful or so.

I strongly suspect this bunny was weaned and sold far too early, but if you work with her and understand the risks, you will likely be able to help her through this.

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 10,436.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby FourRingCircus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Another thing to keep in mind that because she is so young, there is a good chance "she" could be a "he" - I don't think you have any other rabbits with her, but if you do decide to add another in the future you want to make sure you know what you have so you don't have any accidental breedings.

Could you add your location to your profile on the left hand side? So much care, advice and information regarding rabbits is hugely dependent on climate, local laws, etc. so it is very helpful info to have on members :)

I hope she makes it through - she does look very very young, I am surprised a breeder would sell one that early (not to mention in many areas it is flat out illegal to do so). MaggieJ's oatmeal recommendation is a good one - there have been cases of litters unexpectedly having to wean, either because the doe died, or ended up pregnant again right after delivering the one litter and oatmeal is something many people use successfully. Were you able to use the same pellets the breeder was feeding? That would be helpful as well, not as a big of a shock to her system. I give buyers enough with each rabbit purchased so they can transition them over to whatever they are using a little at a time over the course of a week or two.
Formerly known as "heritage" :)

Homeschool mom of 4 little ones - 9, 7, 5, & 4!

Our Four Ring Farmstead journey - with not quite 20 chickens of various breeds and 6 rabbits - and maybe a "few" popples every now and then... plus some feeble attempts at gardening. Officially registered as Four Ring Rabbitry!

Pampered Chef anyone? It's for a good cause! https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/rmcoley

BunnyBucks: 45.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Cartoonist700 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:41 pm

She has eating and drinking since she is 3 or 4 weeks old
About pet bunnies they a feeling of peace and pleasure.
There is a feeling of joy loving pet bunny.
Have you every found a good name for your pet rabbit?
Sakura Snow got her name from meaning cherry blossom and snow white as the snow on mount fuji

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 1,611.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby Nymphadora » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Any updates on how Sakura is doing? :)

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 110.00

Post Number:#22  Unread postby quietsnooze » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Any updates on this? My guy is a lionhead (doublemaned) and seeing baby pictures really takes me back!

Previous