my new baby loin head bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartoonist700

Reaction score
:? Hi bunny lovers
I am new here
I was online on Craig's list and found a local breeder that has loinheads bunnies so I text contacted the breeder she said has baby loinheads
So I bought my new pet baby white loin head bunny
I named her Sakura Snow.
Sakura Snow in her bed

I fear, she may have spelled the breed name incorrectly in the ad.

The breed is called Lionhead.

Sakura Snow is a beautiful name! The image doesn't seem to be working however.

Congratulations on the new bunny! This is a great place to learn rabbit care. :)

Zass":e1t55eqb said:
The image doesn't seem to be working however.
I went into the post to see if I could fix it, and there is no image code at all.

]I am contact with the breeder , so far Sakura has eaten 3 times a day.
6am to 12 noon and 8pm
She loves peanut butter , I use a small bit of peanut butter by the water dish to show her
Where the water is , and it is working, at this age she is sleepy

Link to photo
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/Airplane150/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-12/IMG_20161231_092038_zpsumafgecf.jpg

Please don't feed her peanut butter, its not really good for rabbits let alone babies :( It has added sugar as well as other fillers that bunnies really don't do well with.

I'd talk to the breeder about what she was eating/drinking if you haven't already. Then I'd do some looking up of care and what are good/bad treats. Keep in mind she's a baby, any thing new could cause a stomach upset and you don't really want to do that. You may want to actually hold off on treats for a lil while and just make sure she has plenty of pellets (or whatever breeder diet she was being fed), hay, and fresh water.

There are lots of information about good feeding and treat choices on here too. Some sources (house rabbit and rescue) take with a heavy grain of salt as most don't do all that well on what they suggest as their "diet" but they can give you some ideas into safe foods.

That is an adorable name! Watch a lot of anime? :) Naruto? I tried looking at the picture, but it gave me an error not found page :(

:welcome:

Hi,
to show her the water you don't have to bait her, just showing her the bowl several times, tipping the finger in and wetting her lips will do for most bunnies, no peanut butter or any sweets or human food necessary. :)

What do you feed? Did the breeder give you advice/food? She has hay and her other stuff to nibble on all day, not just at "feeding times", right? :)

How old is this rabbit? I'm not used to this breed, but it looks like about 8 weeks to me, right?

Ahm, between "being sleepy", is she a curious, alert and active bunny?

Yes, sorry, a lot of questions, but we just don't want you to stumble into problems, even when you are used to rabbits a new one can sometimes be a challange :rabbit-hop1:

The only good thing is fresh water and plenty of green bunny pellets, and she has been very curious.
Some times she drink tiny baby bottle.
The breeder said she can only held a while.
I wish I can show a photos of her but the website is being difficult.

Only few weeks old if click in the link of her photo

She only eats your basic rabbit pellet and fresh water. No corn or anything else

Yes, that photobucket or whatever sites are cumbersome, but you can upload pictures in this forum, when writing a post there is "upload attachment" below the text window, click on that, chose the picture and "add the file" - I'm not sure about the max. file size, I think it's 100 or 200kb.

Anyway, you might want to add hay to your bunnys diet, to keep her digestion and teeth healthy. And they really enjoy nibbling hay.

Cartoonist700":1o8b4mps said:
The only good thing is fresh water and plenty of green bunny pellets, and she has been very curious.
Some times she drink tiny baby bottle.
The breeder said she can only held a while.
I wish I can show a photos of her but the website is being difficult.

Only few weeks old if click in the link of her photo

She only eats your basic rabbit pellet and fresh water. No corn or anything else
Here is that picture for ya.

just click the [IMG ] icon and paste the "direct" url from photobucket in between them.

IMG_20161231_092038_zpsumafgecf.jpg

Timothy hay right
Well so far everything is check
She eats her pellets 3 or 4 time a day she drinks on her own an and go to bathroom if you know what I mean.
Ok I get her Timothy hay
Any the of fruit treats you think is safe in small pieces?

How old is your bunny? She's very pretty, but she also looks very, very young. I'd hold off on fruit as treats until she is older. More baby bunnies than you would believe possible have been killed by loving owners feeding too many treats.

She us only 2 weeks old
Ok I hold fruit treats
She eats very well love her pellets
This is her sleeping

Yeah I hold of giving treats, she is doing very well
She fits in the palm if my hands.
I glad she has a good alpterite and now drink on her own etc
I got her from a good local breeder my last bunny that only 4 months old passed on from a cold and a
Gum injury from a passed mating.
Some pet shops don't care the rabbits just care about making a buck.
Do I took a chance look in the adds in online of Craig's list and found her.
I'm glad I did.

Sakura asleep

[ [/img]

Cartoonist700":dqkvi51e said:
I got her from a good local breeder my last bunny that only 4 months old passed on from a cold and a
Gum injury from a passed mating.
Some pet shops don't care the rabbits just care about making a buck.

I'm sorry to say this, but if Sakura is only 2 weeks old, you did not get her from a good or responsible breeder. Most good breeders won't wean the kits until 4-6 weeks, and then usually won't sell until 8 weeks. Given Sakura's young age, you may have to give her lots of extra care as her immune system and digestive systems are undergoing a rapid transition away from her mother's milk to solid foods. I hope the others here are able to help you as best they can, but from a number of other posts I've read (on this forum, Facebook, and some exchanges with breeders at shows) a kit that young generally shouldn't be removed from its mother and might very well develop weaning enteritis.

I'm really crossing my fingers everything turns out well for you guys, though, she sure is a cutie.

Well she's eating her pellets more and she 's drinking
And bowel moments are good so far and sleeps well
She 's been doing very well so far.

Who knows she might be more than 2 weeks ago
But she's been weaned
I change her water each day til she old enough to drink from the water bottle.

From what I see she is healtly and in good spirits
No signs of stress and. She is now blinking
Yeah I give a lot more care I monitor her behavior
And I sanitized her cage and her bedding
Her food dish and her water dish

I had a loinhead bunny before
He lasted a long time
Due because I kept up the cage and water and food
Grooming I kept the cage very clean
The little is changed and I use good littler dust free
Keeps her dry and healthy
I an very careful in caring for Sakura
I am. No little kid.
Been studying bunny care talking with the breeder
And get information on here.

Very cute, but I'm very very worried. She's too young to be in a new home IMO. (I had TINY lions, even my babies at 8 weeks they were bigger than her...my adults were right under 2lbs and 2.01lbs). She looks to be *maybe* 3 to 4 weeks of age, just old enough to be out and about eating pellets and in an emergency wean from momma. Definitely keep a good eye on her, and close. Any slight sign of being off, could be a disaster. She will not be able to handle stresses as well as an older bunny or diet changes as well. I would not let others outside of her direct care need handle her either, they could accidentally pass some thing to her or stress her out to the point she has problems. As others have suggested, hold off on treats and extras....just hay, pellets, and water with tons of care. If she was really old enough to be on her own, she wouldn't be sleeping most of the day...only really small babies do that. Usually by the time they hit 4 weeks they are spending just as much time out and running around as their mommas unless there is an issue health wise. Bunnies take naps, but not a lot.

I really hope all goes well, but do be careful :) I don't think any one is saying your a child, just worried because the baby is so small and sleeping so much.

I hear your advise
You.might be right, she could be 3 or 4 weeks old
I.am monitoring her , so far she is doing good
I 'm glad of that....
So what about Timothy. Hay ughm how many months old would you say in order to.have Timothy hay?
She. Has been washing her self
And she was weaned.
Yeah your right she. Must be 3 or 4 months old.

3 or 4 weeks. Timothy is fine now, I give mixed grass hay (is a mix of clover, timothy, alfalfa and other grasses). It is on the lower end of the scale as far as protein content goes but does OK for fiber/enrichment.

Timothy is usually what's suggested unless you're feeding a non-pelleted diet or orchard grass hay.

Another safe food for baby rabbits is plain kitchen oatmeal (Like Quaker Old-Fashioned /Large-Flake). Rabbits love it and it is easy to digest. Do not feed instant or flavoured varieties. Don't give her too much, just a spoonful or so.

I strongly suspect this bunny was weaned and sold far too early, but if you work with her and understand the risks, you will likely be able to help her through this.

Another thing to keep in mind that because she is so young, there is a good chance "she" could be a "he" - I don't think you have any other rabbits with her, but if you do decide to add another in the future you want to make sure you know what you have so you don't have any accidental breedings.

Could you add your location to your profile on the left hand side? So much care, advice and information regarding rabbits is hugely dependent on climate, local laws, etc. so it is very helpful info to have on members :)

I hope she makes it through - she does look very very young, I am surprised a breeder would sell one that early (not to mention in many areas it is flat out illegal to do so). MaggieJ's oatmeal recommendation is a good one - there have been cases of litters unexpectedly having to wean, either because the doe died, or ended up pregnant again right after delivering the one litter and oatmeal is something many people use successfully. Were you able to use the same pellets the breeder was feeding? That would be helpful as well, not as a big of a shock to her system. I give buyers enough with each rabbit purchased so they can transition them over to whatever they are using a little at a time over the course of a week or two.

She has eating and drinking since she is 3 or 4 weeks old
About pet bunnies they a feeling of peace and pleasure.
There is a feeling of joy loving pet bunny.
Have you every found a good name for your pet rabbit?
Sakura Snow got her name from meaning cherry blossom and snow white as the snow on mount fuji

Back