advice appreciated for sick/injured kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noobious

Reaction score
Found one of the kits (4 weeks old) lying motionless on cage, at first I thought it was dead buy it's still breathing. One eye is a little goopy, and it'll twitch if I pet it, but it won't sit up or move at all. I can only get it to eat by syringes, but it laps it up and acts like it wants to eat.
I know it'll probably die, but I had to try to keep it alive anyway. My guesses are either it's sick or its been paralyzed somehow.
Should I keep trying to feed iy, or just kill it now?

I just don't get it. All of them were happy and bouncy the other day and now I have this sad thing. The remaining kits all seem fine, so I'm thinking maybe the doe trampled and paralyzed it somehow. I've never lost a kit this old, so I'm flabbergasted. It's different when it's a hairless one that froze to death

I have the sick one inside away from the rest. I usually wean at 6 weeks, so the rest are with their mom <br /><br /> -- Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:16 pm -- <br /><br /> Well it actually looks like it might make a comeback now, been giving it a water, acv, and honey mix along with canned pumpkin mixed with some calf manna and it's starting to move a lot more and act a little more lively.

it could have injured itself (running into cage wall hard, mom landing on it etc) and been in shock... in which case warmth and electrolytes will help bring it round again. Best wishes in the continued care.

Back