Doe Already Mated but is The 'Color' Again?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldEnglishSilvers88

Reaction score
My Silver Fox doe is almost 8 months old, I bred her to my Silver Fox buck on the 15th for her first litter and his 8th. Today is the grooming and check everyone over day, I noticed her vulva is swollen and red/deep pink color? Indicating she is in 'heat'. Did she not catch? Should I breed her again or wait? If she is pregnant she is due 1-19-2016.

That's okay. ;)
I just put her back in with him and she grunted a lot and refused his intentions, when before she did not. So I took her out. Is that a good chance she is pregnant? She has quite the appetite now as well.

it seems they go through 'cycles' of colour regardless of bred status. i've also noticed that my does' vulva were very purple in the few days leading up to kindle as well, but it mayhave just been coincidence. vulva colour can be a indicator of receptiveness, but it isn't foolproof, so i don't judge solely on that at all. i've had does with no colour lift sky-high, and does that had tons of colour refuse.

No "heat" cycle, just shows a chance might be more receptive...so color really doesn't mean much. I've had does that looked receptive try to eat the buck...just wait and see if took. Or can always try to palpate at about 11 to 14 days to see if there's any lil ones, if none try to rebreed.

Back