How long after breeding do you know if a doe 'took' ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've only had one time that looked anything like a breeding when the doe didn't kindle 30-32 days later. And often we were pretty sure when we saw them haystaching. When we were in doubt about a breeding we tried again later that day or the next day and if the doe growled and was really uncooperative, we understood her to be pregnant. I know this is not everyone's experience and you don't really know until thirty some days from the breeding. Some palpate at about 2 weeks, but even that doesn't always give accurate information.
Waiting is hard, but it's the only way I'm sure you can tell.

Congrats!!
Yes, Waiting really seems to be the answer.... sometimes experienced breeders can't really tell when they feel the belly .... other times, you can just look at your doe and be able to say... yup, she's prego.

Mark the calendar and wait for the hay stashing to begin. :lol:

I follow a simple rule...I ALWAYS assume a bred doe is pregnant. I am not great at palpating and don't want to take chances. Nest boxes go in at day 28 and stay until I have an answer.

Waiting is terrible, but the rewards...

I have read but never have done since I just raise meat rabbits. You can palpating at 14 days if you want. :)

I had one slim doe who always looked slim and never failed a breeding. I just wait for the kits to pop out.

Latest posts

Back