Rabbit pedigree software

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cybercat

Silver Fox
Reaction score
Looking into this knowing I will need it.
What have you used and liked or not liked about it? Currently using and have used in past.
This is for Windows and Android systems.

Evans software is the top rabbit pedigree software. About 90% of the breeders I know use it, including all the judges who I have bought rabbits from. It is a bit expensive, but well worth it. Other than the price, I have no complaints.

http://evans-software.com/

SableSteel":23cfiu9e said:
Evans software is the top rabbit pedigree software. About 90% of the breeders I know use it, including all the judges who I have bought rabbits from. It is a bit expensive, but well worth it. Other than the price, I have no complaints.

http://evans-software.com/

But it is so old! It has such limited compatibility. I don't even have a desktop set up, and my laptop is a Mac. They need to do some work. I can't even order from an ipad because their website is so limited.

They don't have a Mac version, but they do updates. Mine is the 2014 or 2015 version, and it's not even the most recent one. It really is THE pedigree program that major breeders use.

Thank you all that gives me a good set to look into. Alas I don't have excel so that option does not work.
But I have a small farm so I know some of these do my other animals also.

I have a friend that uses Evans.....
She said I will need it, but our computer is a MAC and we use tablets and I phones.... so, I'm not sure it's a good fit for us.

I'm personally going to investigate the excel "do it yourself" spreadsheet.... If I feel it doesn't keep up with the rabbits the way I want, I will graduate to something else... (Maybe look at globalpedigree)

Thanks for all the imput everyone! This is something I wanted to look at as well.

-- Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 pm --

KenoshaRabbits":19x5lcrl said:
I posted on here earlier; how to do your own pedigrees in Excel.

creating-a-pedigree-instantly-using-excel-t30190.html#p303678

In the post I even attached a sample worksheet to get you started.

It's free so you can't be the price. Lol.

Answered my own question!..... This is supper sweet!!
I am so using this!!
Might have to make two separate ones ... one for meat rabbits and one for the Harlequins... but I am seriously in love with this.... I think, I will be using the Rabbit Number for cage Number instead... It will get weird keeping track, by number, of all the rabbits I have ever had. :lol:

Edited to add:
I created another line on the pedigree sheet to include gender for the rabbit being pedigreed.... (I just played with the formula till it did what I wanted...lol)

SarniaTricia":3g78uwug said:
Answered my own question!..... This is supper sweet!!
I am so using this!!
Might have to make two separate ones ... one for meat rabbits and one for the Harlequins... but I am seriously in love with this.... I think, I will be using the Rabbit Number for cage Number instead... It will get weird keeping track, by number, of all the rabbits I have ever had. :lol:

Glad it can be some help to you! If you need help or have any questions about making changes; feel free to message me. Hopefully I will have the answers.

I second Global Pedigree!!l

First: your program is available ANYWHERE you have internet access!

Second: the herd management is outstanding!! Need to know how many buns a certain doe has kindled? No problem, just sort for that. Want to know how many of a particular color, sort for that!

Third: need to print a new pedigree due to the sex change fairy visit? No problem!

Fourth: watching a 12-generation pedigree auto-fill after entering the sire/dam ... Talk about some revelations!!!

HOWsMom":158vc7zr said:
I love that excel spreadsheet - but I only have a few rabbits :)

If you start off adding your rabbits and the previous generations. (in the last column I put 'pedigree' instead of 'alive' or 'in rabbitry')... you still have quick and easy pedigrees when you need them....

I'm planning to add another page on that for tracking litters!
Maybe import a photo of the doe....
Lots of customizing available...
I also have a zip drive that I keep all my rabbit stuff on just in case a computer crashes.... :D

If you have a Mac look up Hutch. It was made for Mac users it works with Windows also. I just found them on a search.

Latest posts

Back