Due 28th November - 2 does

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheri is now fostering 3 kits from a friend...my friend's doe started struggling with a GI track slowdown, so I have 2 chin rex and 1 rew rex in the nest box with 3 of Little Red Riding Hood's kits... LRRH got one of her's back so she is feeding 6 and so is Sheri...

Sometimes loosing a litter can be a blessing... It was in this case as those poor REX babies would not have made it if Sheri's whole litter had survived....

I guess it's true when they say everything happens for a reason. I'm glad you could save the little babies, and I'm sorry for your friends loss. I've noticed this year a LOT of people have lost rabbits and chickens.

My friend is still trying with her doe....
she got her pooping last night... and she is nibbling on hay...
My friend is massaging the belly, forcing probiotics, big dish of fresh water (instead of a bottle), parsley, Critical care powder (I'm still waiting on Bene-Bac to come in... should be today) and the doe is in the house instead of the barn.... every trick we can think of to save this little girl....

She is a very important breeding doe, who was recently shipped, at some expense, to start a new line....so she is worth the extra time, energy and medicines.

but as everyone here knows bloat is a mean and aggressive thing... 50/50 chance of the doe making it.....

Hopefully this doe has passed good type and fur on to her 3 little kits, that way my friend still has something to work with if thise doe doesn't make it!!

My friend's rabbit (doe) looks like she is on the road to recovery....
It will be at least a month before she is back in condition for breeding....
Meanwhile her little kits are happy kicking back with the meat bunnies in their foster mom's nest.

I add pictures, because, who doesn't like pictures for kits!!??
chin buns 1.png
chin buns 2.png

:up:

So glad your friend's doe is getting better! Her babies are still positively adorable :in_love:

Also, rad new avatar, SarniaTricia! :punk:

Nymphadora":2717pzps said:
:up:

So glad your friend's doe is getting better! Her babies are still positively adorable :in_love:

Also, rad new avatar, SarniaTricia! :punk:

She is just started working with REX Chins... very rare colour up here....
Then her new doe has a small litter, but starts to bloat!!! after all the time and $ to get her here!
We were both stressed with this... but, she seems on the mend.... she just has to get back to condition to perform her duty of producing show winning REX Chin babies! (I will post a "what we did" to help this doe in a few days to help others that might be going through the same thing)
All the rex are adorable to me.. great little personalities... :D Always happy to foster them.

My avatar is something I had designed (my concept, but had a pro make it for me) when I started keeping rabbits... my rabbitry name is Bad Ass Bunny... I needed a logo to go with the name.
The name came from my response to being shredded during my learning to handle rabbits stage.
"Damn these rabbits are Bad Ass!" They carry some serious blades!

I'm glad she's on the mend and the name is hilarious. Mine was very unoriginal seeing I used the name of the road across from my house. I'm going insane in this last day of waiting for babies. She's already pulled some fur and made a nest which I destroyed a few times lol. But hopefully after all this effort she'll have some beautiful babies.

My other doe who wouldnt breed... well she kindled today at some point 5.... lol that explains why she wouldnt take the buck.... my other guys that were born the same day this year they are still are open you think they need Neosporin just a couple are open ???? Ughhh ... I started my new job this week with a 45-minute commute eight-hour shifts and a corporate office I leave in the dark and come home in the dark

Blakie83":1cex91wo said:
My other doe who wouldnt breed... well she kindled today at some point 5.... lol that explains why she wouldnt take the buck.... my other guys that were born the same day this year they are still are open you think they need Neosporin just a couple are open ???? Ughhh ... I started my new job this week with a 45-minute commute eight-hour shifts and a corporate office I leave in the dark and come home in the dark

The whole dark going to work, dark coming back to work sucks... it would be worse for those that don't have a window.... (My office has a window and I do suffer the cold coming through, but I'll take it to see sunshine. Especially this time of year!)

Congrats on the kits.... I have 3 does due between Christmas and new years.... so I am hopping that a double layer cardboard nest box will be acceptable to my girls... I had one fur pulled in the wrong area of the nest and I lost a litter just 2 weeks ago... I'm not too concerned about that litter as my first time mom that kindled a day earlier, had 9 and I ended up with 3 foster Rex from a friend....

No idea regarding the Neosporin.... never used it.

Lol I got a window thankfully. I did put neosporin.. they were born I think on the 28th and some of them have eyes open and some of them don't I don't know nor remember how long it takes but I don't want them to get sealed shut..... the other one that kindled I got from some lady, who has her in a pen with "all females" .... SURPRISE... she's very neurotic and won't let me get near the kits....runs ontop.of them to protect them when I open her House lol.. I'm lil whatever God speed... lol just got 6 in of snow this morning... it was warmer in her hutch than in my house haha. We shall see.. thank you and good luck as well

Latest posts

Back