Oscar

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
I haven't been on for awhile. But about a week ago my most favorite rabbit died. i found out with no sympathy from my brother just a text saying "At least we only have to feed two rabbits now." He had been looking skinny and would not keep on weight, i guess then was his time. Of course i was on my way to Denver with my grandparents to see my brand new baby cousin. Having a silent about 1 hour cry in the back seat without anybody knowing. Im mostly mad at my self because i could have don't more that i dint do, bring him inside until he got more fat on him, feed him more than i was, etc. Im not on here for you guys to feel bad for me, i just wanted everybody to know so that if i didn't talk about him any more somebody wouldn't wonder why.

I know you aren't fishing for condolences but sorry to hear about your loss. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think most people who are close to an animal always feels they could have done more. I think as time passes you will realize you did the best you could.
Best of luck with your other rabbits.

I have been spending more time than I probably should with my rabbits, I am in the process of teaching them to jump. I was really close to him, he was my baby. Whenever I went out side I would hold him, and I don't know if he liked it or I pestered him so much he didn't care but he would just lay on his back, it was the cutest thing.

Aww, sorry to hear that you lost him. Oftentimes when they get skinny it is because of something that is causing them pain or discomfort, but you can't find anything wrong no matter how hard you look. :(

Kenosha is right- even though I know it is foolish, I can't help but go over the "what ifs" when I lose an animal. Sometimes it serves a good purpose, if you actually have some type of issue that could have been resolved some way, but most of the time there is nothing positive that can come from doing so.

There is nothing wrong with spending extra time with your bunnies. Maybe you can do some extra things for them to make sure they stay comfy, dry, and warm this winter.

Sorry to hear you lost Oscar. Sometimes rabbits just waste away for no known reason. It's hard I feel for you. Currently watching a favorite rabbit waste away despite my best care. Just take care of your other rabbits and mourn what ever way you need.

I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit. It's always hard to loose one, specially a favorite.

As far as your others, if they're that shy of you just keep spending time with them. Talk softly, and give lots of head scratches. Don't make any fast movements around them for a while and give them plenty of rabbit approved treats (starting slowly if you don't already, though I'm sure you know that) they should come around. It's just a matter of time. They may not be Oscar, but it helps having somebunny to snuggle in a rough time.

Latest posts

Back