Sneezing.. Possibly farting.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So my doe has been sneezing from what I've heard at least once or twice daily. She doesn't do it often. I also noticed that she sounded a bit raspy when I picked her up but I think that was more her kinda grunting at me. Is there anything I can do for her? Culling needs to be last option. I would hate to loose such a pretty doe and good mom.

If she is rattling in her chest or nasal cavity you should be able to hear it if you put your ear against the side of her chest. If it is actually rattling that would be an instant cull in my book.

However, if she isn't rattling in her chest and is only sneezing once or twice a day with no snot and no sneezing fits, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well I noticed when I try to wrangle her she sounds raspy almost like she's trying to growl at me. But when she just sits in her cage I don't hear anything. I've noticed silver Fox have very shiny fur around their cute little bun noses but it's never wet. So no s not on her. The sneezes just sound like a very deep raspberry on someone's tummy almost. Like what you would think a man with a deep voice would sound like blowing a raspberry. I've almost wondered if something is stuck a few times but from reading it seems that when that is the issue a lot of snot and other obvious symptoms come as well.

:/ :( considering previous issues, it'd be term cull here. If you're going to chance her, isolate her completely from every one else asap. Just because there is no snot doesn't mean much considering there has been snotters within a very short time period (providing I am remembering from other posts with in the last 3 months correctly).

I think my last snot nosed bunny was Sailor and he was in about June, or July I wanna say. Like I said there's no sounds when she's breathing unless she's like grunting or growling at me. I really don't want to have to cull her, I've grown quite attached in the two months she's lived in my bedroom floor. Could it be dust that's causing her to sneeze? I noticed she hasn't been sneezing since we stopped using one of our fans in our room.. I guess I'll keep her in an extra bit. See how she does.

Dust is a possibility but then there would be no rattle. Listen to lungs. If clear...okay proceed with caution if must with understand it could back fire.

I have a Mini Rex doe that hand her nose chomped by a cage neighbor, she's got a scar and because of damage when she's sniffing she kind of squeeks...her lungs are clear NEVER sneezed or discharged...I don't pay her any attention (plus having seen, watched it heal and flash lighted her nose to try to see what was going on and finding about half closed in scar tissue...left it at that).

Well I hear no rattling or anything like I said. Only the growling when she don't want to be messed with. The sneezing seems to have stopped but I have still been watching her. I think the dust from her hay cubes weren't helping either. She's a destructive booger so she'd shred those cubes and make a mess! I wouldn't be surprised if she was sneezing from all the hay dust she's inhaled! You know what. I'll do an experiment, last night I forgot to give her cubes and there was no sneezes tonight I will give her the cubes and see if it causes her to sneeze.

Back