Doe won't let me breed her again a few hours later

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelw114

Reaction score
So I bred one of my does this morning and there were 2 confirmed fall offs. However, when I put her back in with my buck a few hours later for one final time, she kept squealing at him and would not let him near her. What would cause her to act that way when she was fine a few hours before? My other 2 does have never done that.

It's very common. Very high chances she's successfully been bred.
Not every girl wants a round two. ;)

I'll be honest, I don't even bother putting my rabbits together more than once. I've had plenty of litters with just one fall off.

I'm with Zass. When we first started we rebred 12 hours later, but when our does had been bred they were usually not interested in another go. And we've had litters from attempted breedings with no fall-off and when we were really uncertain that there was real contact. Now we don't even bother to put them with the buck again if there was a fall-off. I know lots of folks recommend it, but thought it might help to know that not everyone does it--and we still get litters.

Thanks! I really hope she took but I guess I won't know till the 11th or so. I still haven't gotten the hang of palpating.

There really isn't any reason to put them back hours later.

People tend to think that since does are induced ovulators, that breeding again will help because the eggs are already released and will be fertilized by the most recent sperm.... but it takes the little guys about ten hours to make their journey, anyway, so those from the last breeding will arrive hours too late.

Latest posts

Back