Gonna try out chicken cup drinkers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that I need to get an auto watering system going. The problem, is that I have cages scattered all over. I finally realized that I could do several gravity flow systems with a bucket (I already have the buckets) and then go back and redo things if I ever get a real building. It should cut my rabbit chore time nearly in half.

However, I do like the idea of rabbits having a watering bowl as I agree they drink more. So, I found these waterers for chickens and decided I'd give them a try and see how if they work for rabbits. I went ahead and purchased 4 of them. The shipping was very reasonable and I was able to get the 4 shipped (USPS first class) for just a hair over $11. It will take them about a week to get here.

They are plastic, and the rabbits may just chew them to bits but I still want to try them. They say they can be cage mounted so I hope that works with the 1x2 wire. If they do get chewed up or don't work for other reasons I'm not out a bunch, and I can reuse all the other components with regular nipples.

300_wall_mount__23771.1409161851.1280.1280.jpg

I feel really silly as I just realized I ordered just the wall mounts not the cups... Gonna see if I can change my order.

-- Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 am --

Well, I had to call to modify my order and they were closed. So, I left a message and explained what I had done and gave my order #. I got a call at 7am this morning lol. He immediately apologized for calling that early as he had just realized we were a time zone behind. Then he kindly canceled that order and I reordered getting 2 of the wall mounts and 2 of the cups. Not as cheap as I was originally thinking but I still want to try out the cups and see how they do.

I was pretty impressed with their customer service. Here is a link to their site. http://www.cornerstone-farm.com/equipme ... p-drinker/

If they don't work for the rabbits or they start to chew them badly I'll just use them for the chickens. <br /><br /> -- Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:06 am -- <br /><br /> Oh and when I checked the second order just a few minutes ago it was already marked as shipped!

Hi there! I am in NW OK waiting for the arctic air to get here Saturday :(

Meanwhile, I am all snuggled in for the night :D

I have had my buns almost ten years and they are housed outside in hutches with cages. What I have found that works for me is the half-round aluminium water trays. They have tabs on the flat side that clamp over the wire ... doesn't mean that someone who shall be nameless doesn't flip her dish off the wall at least once per day :shock:

As it is, with the cold, I am watering 2x per day, so I just give them about a half a dish of water in the morning and a half a dish in the evening. Yes, they act like they haven't been watered in days, but I can see how much water they did drink before it froze.

If you watch animals in the wild, they drink in the early morning and the late afternoon, so as long as they can drink as much as they want each time, they get enough water to allow them to eat the dry pellets

It's a little push tab. They push down on the tab and it releases water into the cup. I'll try to remember to get some pictures of it this afternoon when I go feed. I still haven't put them up in the chicken coop and I really should.

Back