Is she going to be okay?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SetskiesD

Reaction score
I bought a proven breeder Netherland Dwarf doe and she just turned 3years old in August. She was 2 weeks pregnant when I bought her. She ended up having a miscarriage on day 28. There was quite a bit of blood but no evidence of babies. She is now pregnant again and due in 5 days. I'm very nervous. Is she too old? Could it have been the sudden change in her location? I must add that she is always bug eyed and scared whenever she is approached. She is well taken care of and fed but she's always scared. Will this litter have the possibility of being okay?

Well, there's no way of knowing but to wait.

3 years is not old (2 of my does are 5, no problems), and moving can stress some rabbits, so maybe it was really just a single incident.

Since one of my younger does had a stillborn litter of 15 this year I too hope it was just a fluke, will see next spring.

Hm, just a thought, I wonder if the skittish personality was the reason the previous owner sold her, might not be ideal for breeding pets.

Anyway, :good-luck:

From what I read I believe that the bug eyes are supposed to be a sign of them being excited to see you. But I could be wrong lol

Probably first fail because of stress. Hope things go better this time around. Is she scared or is it just her eyes? They are supposed to be big eyed all the time, its a breed characteristic...little unclear from post if fear or breed as some call them bug eyed in general.

Sorry to hear this hasnt been an easy road for either of you. I have one thats in a similar situation, I am hoping she will kindle and be able to take care of them....

Back