Update: ** Hoping she took**

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I'm kinda stuck. I tried breeding my little doe lilac when she was about 6-7 months old because she was very close to if not already her moms size. She lifted and then she screamed. About a month later I brought her back out to the buck and this time I had to lift her and she screamed again. I'm not sure why she screamed but It definitely was horrific. Today I brought her to a different buck and she did the little run around and wiggling her tail. Then she'd hunch up in a corner so he couldn't get her. When I did finally get her out of the corner she just laid there. I've been giving them acv for almost a month and her vagina is puffy and purple. She's a beautiful sweet lilac doe and I really want to get some litters out of her, although if I don't she might just have to be christmas dinner :/

So today I decided to rebreed her. Figured maybe she's one of those does who's not into it on the first day, well today she was much more receptive, flicking her tail at him and this time she lifted as wel. Two fall offs. I will note I am breeding her to a younger smaller buck. She did not scream after either fall off this time. If anyone has any idea what caused her to scream the last time please let me know..

Glad you finally got her bred!

Some does get frightened and scream, but sometimes the BUCKS will scream also- and that probably has nothing to do with fright! :mrgreen: :lol:

i find it hilarious when the boys scream. i always wonder if it was just...particularly good that time, to put it nicely, lol. i've never had a doe scream though, that would freak me out. i have a couple girls that look like they've been a little traumatized every time, but never scream. maybe he could have missed the mark, or she didn't know what was going on and it freaked her out? who knows.

Well I just hope it didn't hurt. It sure was traumatic hearing it though. But bunny screams crack me up on a special level. There mouths are such tiny perfect round holes I almost wanna stick my finger in it to see if it silences the scream. I know it won't but it's funny to imagine if it did work haha.

Yeah something like a bunny pacifier. Their mouths just crack me up. And no I didn't offer any smokes lol although they probably thought they needed some hahaha!!! <br /><br /> -- December 10th, 2016, 10:56 pm -- <br /><br /> Oh an update on the little miss is. She needs a better name. The whole her name being her color isn't fun anymore. Also she's growing a dewlap so my hopes for babies from those two fall offs are ever growing. I really hope she's gonna become a mommy it would be nice if she'd start paying for her stay haha.

Back