New rabbit, what color am I?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
So I was bad :lol: I went to Rural King to buy dog food and came home with a bunny too!

She is a very pretty mini lop my daughter is going to be so surprised she has been missing her bunnies since she decided to sell her dutch rabbits last winter. I really suck at colors for rabbits, and its probably not a recognized color, but she was so pretty! There was 3 other minis with her, 1 was blue and white, 1 was I believe a silver tipped blue steel (could be wrong) and the other was kind of colored like her but darker, but not quite dark enough to call a chinchilla. I wish I would of took pics of them all, oh well. Here is her pictures, she looks darker in the pictures than she does in real life. I think I will try and get some of her outside later and see if that changes the way she looks.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 9-16-16.JPG
    9-16-16.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,435
Unsure of color but she really is beautiful! I have a Chin doe that has an albino mom and she's starting to look more like this.. Maybe that's what your bunny is? I would take a pic of her but I doubt I could capture her pattern good.

Sable frost...sable ermine...believe also called frosted sable pearl too (more ML if I remember correctly, I have HL and they're just sable frosty/sable ermines) but not 100% on that one...lots of names for same color lol.

If didn't have the brown tinge and darker ears would say just frosty (ermine) but since it seems she's shaded, sable frosty.

I was looking up mini lop colors, and I "think" she is a frosted pearl? She looks lighter though than the rabbits in the pictures I saw, but that could be because she is young (8-10 weeks old)

here is an updated picture of Frost at about 5months old. She has gotten a lot darker than what she was. Do you still think she is a frosted pearl?

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,331
Like I said in my first comment she looks like my chin doe lol. Although my doe is a New Zealand/Chinchilla cross they are the same color and look to have stayed almost the same color throughout growing up.

A would say really light chin, but...
A chinchilla would normally have SOME color on the feet. Those pure white feet are kinda throwing me off.

Is it a possible booted broken?

Zass, it is possible that she is booted. There was a booted broken rabbit in the cage with her, I am assuming it was a sibling. There was also one that at the time I thought was too light to be a chinchilla but seeing how much she darkened now I am wondering if it was. These guys were probably either from a pet breeder that just sold them to Rural King or more likely cull ones from a show breeder. She is only going to be shown in the pet class for 4H so her color quality doesn't matter, we just need to know what color to call her. :lol: Here is another picture of her taken without the flash.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,320
Zass":nf5lq4oa said:
A chinchilla would normally have SOME color on the feet. Those pure white feet are kinda throwing me off.

I thought all chins had white feet?!?!? Harlem is probably my favorite little NZ/Chin cross and she has half white feet, and a solid white belly, her sister from another mister but same mom also has the white feet.

Chins can have pale feet, but not pure white. Chins also have dark or light toenails, but never white, unless other genes are at play (which I'd guess this rabbit has white)

ButtonsPalace":2saez2zz said:
Zass":2saez2zz said:

I thought all chins had white feet?!?!? Harlem is probably my favorite little NZ/Chin cross and she has half white feet, and a solid white belly, her sister from another mister but same mom also has the white feet.

A white belly and SOME white on the feet is normal. Solid white with no darker fur at all, top-to-bottom, is unlikely.

I think this rabbit looks like A_B_cchl_D_E_, with white feet.

Once Harlem has her litter (I'm hoping *fingers super crossed* that she is pregnant) on the 10th of this month (I'm going insane playing the waiting game) I'll bring her in and take pictures of her underside. I wanna say she's white all the way up to under her chin.. I'll go look when I go out later.

Latest posts

Back