New Indoor Cage- Bedding? Moving in?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olafthebunny

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I have finally gotten an indoor cage for Olaf! I am SO happy and excited to have him living in my room! He hasn't moved in yet as we are adding some plastic to the back and two sides for spraying ( Ugh...spraying. :| ) and I need to clean it. But that might happen today or tomorrow or sometime this week.
I have a few questions to ask you guys about this though:
Bedding?
What type of bedding should I choose? I am not going to use fleece. Shavings seem like my only option at the moment for his litter box. LFB says I should put bedding all over the cage and not just in his litter box. I am going to try not using bedding around the cage and just giving him a litter box. If that doesnt work I will do LFB's idea.
Moving In?
He has moved into three cages in his life before and has moved into a travel cage for about a few hours. Is there anything I should do to help him settle? Or should I just put him in and see how he does?

I got a GREAT deal on the cage though! Its a normal petstore cage, but humongous!!!! I put the cage under my loft bed and it fits a whole side! Its bigger than his outdoor cage so he'll have lots of space to hop around! The cage is in great condition ( Almost brand new!!!) and very clean. The cage was 450 rand. Which is about 45 dollars or less. Usually in the petstores here they are about 900 to 1000 rand which is like 90 or 100 dollars! So yeah I got a great deal!

Pics are coming soon!!!

My indoor rabbits get a litter box with wood chips, which all but the kits use regularly. I've found it pointless to put wood chips on the entire cage bottom as it just slides to the edges and/or kicked out by the rabbits and/or causes them to poop all over the place. I use ceramic floor tiles with the rough side up on the plastic bottom cages so they can get a grip and not slip and the tiles are easy to wash when the babies (or sometimes the adults) get them too mucky ;)

You can just use newspaper and change daily. Easy to roll up after use and toss.

Latest posts

Back