Update on single kit :) Named Totoro

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Totoro is the little Doe I mentioned Butterball had the day before my birthday. She's 9 days old today but looks like she's 2 weeks. She hasn't started coming out fof the box on her own yet seeing she sleeps all the time. Her mom built a wonderful nest and pulled a ton of fur so even though the baby is alone she is doing great!! In the first few days I was a bit worried so I added more hay, and momma added more fur. I really wish I could share the pictures with all of you because she is so cute!! (If I can get them posted onto my Facebook page I'll share the link so everyone can see her :) She definitely has an interesting color.

Butterball is the one deserving all the credit! The baby has been doubling in size!! Its huge!! I was wondering if anyone might have measurements of their kits at about 9 days to 14 days, she's a Silver fox on the sires side and Chinchilla/NZ on the dams side. Mom has been feeding her very well and she's a little fatty lol.

Just for your amusement, Buttons, I dug up a very old, very long thread about a singleton kit I had quite a few years ago. His mother Sage was the size of a New Zealand and his father Jasper was a pure NZR.

meet-our-youngest-lonely-only-pudge-t2637.html?hilit=meet%20Pudge

Do be careful that Totoro doesn't overeat. Now and then an overfed kit will end up with splay legs because they can't support the weight.

Aw how sweet the little baby named Pudge! I'll definitely be reading all the comments tomorrow! ( its bed time for me right now) I've been watching her closely and I think she may have been overeating especially in the beginning, I remember when I would pick her up and her belly would be bigger than her!! I got peed on several times to and you could watch her little belly shrink XD thank you again for sharing the post! I'll try to weigh and measure her tomorrow ☺

Back