fodder started, just in time

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'd been worried that I was starting our wheat fodder too early because it was staying so warm and last year we had trouble with mould at the start of growing it which went away once the cold settled in. So we started feeding fodder last Thursday--that batch was a week old. Saturday the high was 67F, but Sunday morning it was 34 when we got up, snowing and blowing and the temp kept dropping through the day. This morning the snow was over the top of my son's boots and he had to put on snowpants to get out to the chickens. They'll move into winter quarters today--more light and can be reached through boiler room, woodshed, and barn without wading through snow. Card and kale are well started in the greenhouse--have been cutting some as needed for weeks. Als have lettuce and tatsoi growing there--hard to take a photo since the growing space is about 20' long and just 4' deep.

Attachments

• IMG_9757.jpg
    IMG_9757.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_9759.jpg
    IMG_9759.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 712
  • PB210022.jpg
    PB210022.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 710
Pretty! I bet that colorful chard is a sight for sore eyes with the snow covered outside!

Do you have a heated greenhouse for it? I want to grow more in the cold months, but am still figuring out how i want to set things up...

Back