A bit fustrated

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
I have two English angoras and I am bit frustrated with them. The doe had a little bit of dander when I got her a month ago (should have treated for fur mites then) now she has it everywhere. I feel so bad for her and its my fault it got so bad. She has other health problems that have come up like a runny eye so I don't think I will ever breed her. She will be a good fiber rabbit for me but I was hoping for a show rabbit and breeder. Probable not going to be either of those things. The buck is just dirty. :lol: Been peeing on his coat which is six inches long now. I want to show him in the spring before cutting him down. But there are days I just want to clip him down instead of grooming 5-7 days a week.

All in all this is just a newbie in English Angoras learning the hard way how much work they are. :shock:

Note: I treated both angoras with Ivermectin and I have eye drops that I have been putting in the does eye.

I have seen EA breeders giving bucks a "Sanitary clip"... to help keep the wool clean. Also... some with Full show coats will gather the wool into "ponytails"...only word i can think of at the moment. to hold the coat .
There are groups for the Angoras on Facebook... Someone there might have more suggestions.

( i have Jersey Woolies... most are clean rabbits... but once in a while a buck will Not be. :( )

Latest posts

Back