winter feeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last fall, when my rabbits were used to greens, I was feeding them large amounts of the vines....had no problems. Some prefered the leaves, some prefered the stems, they all would finsh them quickly...just started with different parts. I have been wondering about pumpkin and squash vines.

Btw, I know that lambsquaters are supposed to be good... but in the '70s, during the "back to the earth" movement, I tried some boiled lambsquaters, and they were atrocious. Dandelions, on the other hand, in the spring before they blossom, make a delicious wilted salad. (Well, there was no "useless trivia" section, so I threw it in here :D )<br /><br />__________ Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:40 am __________<br /><br />

let me know Marian if they grow back. I was shocked when they did (up to three times) and always wondered if somehow it was a fluke.

ladysown":lq8tu172 said:
let me know Marian if they grow back. I was shocked when they did (up to three times) and always wondered if somehow it was a fluke.

Well, may-be it was just me but none of my shoots grew back. I think I'll blame the cat, though.

Marian

Back