Lilac/fawn harli MR

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
Hey all, I've got a lilac/fawn (according to breeder) harlequin mini rex buck. If I want lilac/fawn tri kits from him, I need a broken ...chocolate? I've never seen a broken lilac anywhere near me... That would give me choc/orange harli, lilac/fawn harli, choc/orange tri, lilac/fawn tri?

If he is actually blue/fawn then I would want a broken blue, would I still get black/orange from them?

I would post pics of him but I'm on my phone and it won't let me resize stuff.

You shouldn't breed a harlie to a self (black/blue/chocolate/lilac), because it introduces the self gene which contributes to torted tricolors (which are unshowable). The full extension of self is dominant anyway, so you wouldn't get any tricolors the first generation unless the self carried non extension or japanese. The best things to breed him to would be a lilac/fawn tri (or any shade of tri - which ever shade of tri you pick is the shade that the offspring would mostly be), a broken cream or fawn (which would get blue/fawn tricolors & harlies probably), or a broken red (which would probably get normal tricolors and harlequins.)

Lilac and Lynx rabbits are both chocolate AND blue/dilute

If you cannot find another lilac tri a black or blue or chocolate tri or harlequin that has blue and/or chocolate in the pedigree is your best bet

If you cannot find a black, blue or chocolate tri or harlequin a solid or broken black fawn or chocolate fawn or blue fawn/cream with chocolate and/or blue in their background is the next best options

You could go with black, chocolate or blue torts but you will likely get torted tri's and/or harlequins which are not showable

Back