I Sell My Cross Breeds for $35....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldEnglishSilvers88

Reaction score
I currently have purebred (with pedigrees) Silver Foxes, a Mini Lop (purebred but no pedigree), and a Giant Chinchilla (purebred but no pedigree. Her dam won BIS).
Anyways, I've been crossing my Silver Fox buck to my Mini Lop doe and sell the kits for $35 each to people wanting pets. I've had ZERO complaints and I've been doing this since July. But I'm just curious if this is a bit of a rip off or good cash? Has anyone else sold mutts this high? Should I stay at $35???

If they're buying at that price, it's a fine price... supply and demand ;) . That is a rather high price for them though

If only I had the same buyers lol...I can't even sell purebred netherland dwarfs for $30 as pets where I live

Thanks!

I originally started at $20 for mutts, then $25, and now $35. Not to brag but I have a lady on my waiting list wanting 2. So $70 and I also recently started charging a $15 meet\delivery fee (if under one hour and it increases after that), I've also thrown in a $10 information sheet for her on them she wanted. Plus $5 to be on the waiting list for something specific. So that is $130. :fireworks1: :fireworks1: :fireworks1:

I kinda feel guilty doing this...would you keep taking money like this? I'm honest that they're cross bred, etc but still.

Absolutely !

If people are will to pay for them at that price then good for you !

The market here is so over saturated with rabbits looking to get re-homed that people expect rabbits to come with a cage and already be spayed or neutered :shock:

Good for you Old English!
Charge what they are willing to pay.

It is your time and feed and breeding that is producing these bunnies. You should be compensated for that.

Wish I had that kind of market. I do sell my meat bucks for $15 at 6-10 weeks, $20 after that. (Does are $5 more)
(At an auction a couple of weeks ago I was lucky to get $2 each for 6 week old kits. A lot of the adults were selling for $1 each!)

You can't give them away here lol People ask if the $20 rabbit comes with a cage. A few hours north the guy I got most of my mini rex and all my champagne's from sells his large breeds near $100 and sometimes over for the flemish. Reason he sold out all his mini rex. Aside from demand there is also getting your name out there. If a whole lot of people involved in rabbits know you raise good rabbits for a certain purpose you will get a lot of referrals and if you go to shows, other events, and advertise you will run into a lot of people who decide to buy them. If you can't get to a show, few people use online classifieds, you've made no name for yourself with breeders, and your area is saturated with rabbits like mine you are screwed. Don't even plan to get back any money so that if you happen to that month it's a nice surprise of pocket change. Maybe if I put years and hours upon hours into something unique it would be different but I don't really want to. I'm still kind of searching for the best thing for me to raise.

I realize I made this thread back in November 2016, but I just wanted to update; I am now selling mutts for $60!!! :lol: Is this bad? I still have no complaints...

Thanks guys!

Well....it escalated QUICKLY.... I just sold 2 mutts to someone for $160!!!!!! :fireworks1: :fireworks1: :fireworks1:

Guys, charge them a deposit hold fee and a meet\delivery fee. I'm so evil LOL. :lol:

I get $60 each for 8-10 week old pedigree Rex and wont sell for less as its just not worth it to me .... I'll eat what doesn't sell and process the hides for multiple projects.

Zass":3l2612fn said:
As long as you are upfront about how large they will likely grow, and the fact that they are mixed breed rabbits, there is no such things as too high of a price. :)

A fair price is what someone is willing to pay ....

Its not evil. Buying and paying a good price for a rabbit (or rabbits) that are not sickly, not riddled with diseases, not bad tempered, not poor, from a person whom has multiple GOOD buyers....it goes a LONG way. I've seen some pets I wouldn't throw a stick at priced at 150+ because they have blue eyes...they do not look healthy but this person still gets that much PLUS more because of the holding fees they use. This person is in a bigger area, more people...and they sell to who ever has the $$ on hand. I can't do that, so my pickiness at this point cuts my own throat.

CUDOS for getting that much from mutts though :)

Back