When dogs are smarter than hoomans...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Lemme start by saying my today has been crazy, tomorrow I have plans and I've been freaking out about some personal life things that are pretty stressing. But anyway, Turtle has been spending her days outside in a cage in the yard so her hocks can heal (It's helped a lot!!) I have two t-shirts and a robe over the cage to keep chickens off as well as the sun and our farm dog~Andee~ guards her while she's outside from both the goats and chickens (She loves bunnies :3). Well anyway I leave her out until it gets dark (I want her to be in her cage the least possible, the cage she's in outside is flipped upside down so she's standing on the 1"x1" wire on a flat grassy surface in semi-shade) I keep check on her hourly as well. Well I had actually completely forgot she was out there and let the dogs outside.. We have a Jack Russel Terrier named Buddha(Male), a Corgi mutt of some sort that sounds like a big dog Gidget (Female), Willow the cattle dog (Female), and Sophie our Jack Russel Mix (Female). Gidget loves bunnies (She really really really loves the bunnies) so much so that tonight because I was dumb, she escaped our fenced back yard and barked at the door until we let her in, then she came over to me and bothered me for quite some time (I was trying to crochet my hat; I am almost done now finally) I finally chased her off and about 30 minutes later it hit me, my rabbit was still out in the back yard. I ran outside with love in tow to make sure she was ok. She was alright, nothing more than a tuft of fur pulled out, I feel absolutely terrible about it. I just wish I would've paid attention to the dog. Although I will add the dogs were all brought in right after she was brought in because Willow and Sophie were barking at Buddha who was barking at them because of the rabbit.. (Nuts!) The only pup I don't have a picture of is Buddha D: but he's a wirey white Jack (The wirey part is on his back the rest of him is smooth) He has a few black/dark brown spots on his ears :). :bunnyhop:
12804243_745200958950040_1821833594_n.jpg
Dillwow.jpg
IMG_20160806_231043.jpg

Yeah we found out they were climbing up the tree branch that had fallen over the fence. The crack had went straight down the branch and stopped just about an inch above our fence. I'll try to snap a pic of it before they cut it.

Back