rabbit sneezing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlattimore88

Reaction score
yea i think i heard my rabbits sneezing... oh no!!! or am i just freaking out they were drinking when they did it i know imma

noob so hopefully its just me being anxious i have never kept any animal outside heres a pic of my hutch it wasnt finished

but you can see were the screens are suppose to be and im wondering if there getting to much draft? even tho i cover the

whole thing with a tarp any suggestions or are they ok because of the tarp, in new york the temps goes up and down today was 50 degrees

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 1,094
I would make the ends solid,and the 'back' as well, to provide wind protection from three directions (you may not be around to drop tarps during a sudden temp/weather change.) You can put n ventilation holes at the tops of the walls to provide a nicer air exchange in hot weather, and prevent moisture buildup in the colder weather. I like the construction-- do cages slide in, or is the wire integrated into the building design?

Frosted Rabbits said:
I would make the ends solid,and the 'back' as well, to provide wind protection from three directions (you may not be around to drop tarps during a sudden temp/weather change.) You can put n ventilation holes at the tops of the walls to provide a nicer air exchange in hot weather, and prevent moisture buildup in the colder weather. I like the construction-- do cages slide in, or is the wire integrated into the building design?[/quote

the hutch is actually two pieces the base has a wire floor and the top piece has wire on all sides and in between to separate

between the four cages i will place pics up when i get a chance

what about the sneezing sound have you ever heard your rabbits do it im thinking about buying or making some all wire

indoor cages for them until the weather warms up or is that not needed

My rabbits will sneeze sometimes when they drink... guess they get a little water in their noses or something. Since they were drinking when they were sneezing, I'd think that's probably what happened, and just keep a close watch on them.

There are others on here who cover their cages with tarps to protect from rain, so it should work for you. I have, myself. You may want a more sure and permanent solution eventually, but as long as you are vigilant, tarps will do the job.

I tend not to get too concerned about an occasional sneeze-- there are environmental factors one should take into consideration-- days with high pollen counts, windy weather, the occasional tickle....sometimes just looking at the sun!!1 after all, when you sneeze, does that automatically mean you are 'sick?'

I agree with all the other posters.
There are often conflicting reasons which will lead to a Sneeze,
I would only get concerned should I notice matted front paws.
I would then quarantine the individual and observe
what takes place in a week or two. Sometimes it's nothing
to worry about but you can never be too cautious.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Latest posts

Back