Can colony rabbits still get along if caged for months

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good drawing, maywinter. I also have panels that I screw onto the wire sides in the winter to protect from snow. I didn't use them last winter as we had very little snow (comparatively) but there are a couple of pictures on here somewhere that show my colony drifted in with the panels on. I learned that the hard way three or four year ago before I had the panels made up. The snow drifted right into the colony and I had to dig the interior out and put in fresh bedding although truth be told the rabbits didn't seem too put out with the snow drift, in fact, they love snow and eat it up like ice cream when I put some in with them in the winter.

Keep an eye on the wire mesh in the dirt as I might deteriorate over time. I've found the patio slabs very effective against digging out and it gives them something cool to lay on in the hot summer months. They also support the wooden walls and keep them from contact with the dirt so hopefully they will last a little longer.

You might want to partially or completely cover either the East or West walls with wood to give more wind protection. Depending on the lay of your land you might get quite a wind going through there. My colony with the three solid walls still gives them excellent ventilation while giving them protection from the wind.

Just my two cents... :)

Thanks truckinguy, I really like the idea of patio stone slabs for the floor. Will also have some sort of solid wall for the west as we do get strong winds from that direction

It sounds like you will have a wonderful colony, shall watch this space to see how it goes. :popcorn:

I love colony rabbits!

Latest posts

Back