Register

Fountain in Rabbitry

Alternative housing for rabbits in groups.
1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 10.00

Fountain in Rabbitry

Post Number:#1  Unread postby NeverTheNess » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:27 pm

I removed a fountain from my yard this year. A foot and a half deep one with a pretty good pump. I was thinking of putting it in the Rabbitry, maybe putting a cage, so if one does fall in, they won't drown. Does anyone else have one in theirs?

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 11,185.00

Re: Fountain in Rabbitry

Post Number:#2  Unread postby GBov » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:11 am

NeverTheNess wrote:I removed a fountain from my yard this year. A foot and a half deep one with a pretty good pump. I was thinking of putting it in the Rabbitry, maybe putting a cage, so if one does fall in, they won't drown. Does anyone else have one in theirs?

Nope, but I bet it sure would be pretty in a colony. Make sure they cant dig at the base of it though as it will go over for sure!

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,394.00

Re: Fountain in Rabbitry

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Preitler » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:38 pm

No fountain, but one side of my property is a creek, it serves as fence, most of my rabbits keep away from it, there is only one (out of 20) growout buck that goes through the shallow water around the fence to get to the pasture and vegetable garden, I don't care this time of year, he knows the way back.

If you are worried about rabbits drowning - put a board in the pool, maybe with grooves cut into the surface, so anything that falls in has an easy way out. Cage would work too. Imho somewhat overkill. I don't fence off the water.
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"