Opinions on the Friedrich Dick 4" Poultry & Rabbit Knife

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I found this knife by chance after several google searches... I was wondering if anyone else had this and what they thought about it? It sounds pretty good but I want your opinion, have you used one?.. If not, I'd like your opinion as to whether it sounds good or not. I'm not in the mood for wasting my money on stupid things that don't work. (When I worked at Wal-Mart I did this quite often)

A fantastic knife for processing poultry, rabbits, or small game animals, this stout 4" knife features a broad stainless flat-ground blade with a straight edge and deeply curved tip whilst retaining a fine point. This makes piercing, skinning, breaking, and boning tasks all possible with the same knife! A wonderful knife for those who raise their own rabbits or birds, as well as those who enjoy hunting fowl, squirrels, and other small animals.

Blade Length: 4"

Overall Length: 9"

Thickness: 1.72mm

Steel: X55CrMo14 High Carbon Stainless

Weight: 2.2 oz.

I googled it, Buttons.
http://www.baryonyxknife.com/frdi4porakn.html

German stainless steel from a very old manufacturer specializing in knives for butchering, should mean that at $13.25 it is good value. I wouldn't bother with the sheath. You can make one easily from scrap leather for a fraction of the price if you want one.

Here's the company website. I'd check it out before committing to buying.
http://www.fdick-cutlery.com/

Remember, any sharp knife with a 4-6 inch blade will do the job, especially if you are only butchering rabbits occasionally.

I don't know either, I think it's kinda silly. I didn't know it was the sister site, although that is interesting to know... (Didn't know a knife cover was called a sheath until today, new english word to add to my dictionary lol) <br /><br /> __________ October 31st, 2016, 7:41 pm __________ <br /><br /> Do you have any oppositions to this knife? Like is there a knife you think would be better? I really don't want to buy a knife that'll fall apart after a few uses...

Knive looks ok. Simple knife, good grip, good price.

And, in my opinion, you really don't need a sheat, that may be useful when hunting in the woods, but useless at home. You store your gear in a drawer anyway, and you don't want to put the knive in the sheath while processing - how would you clean it?

About sharp: any blade will dull with use over time, a steel and a sharpening tool sjould be part of every kitchen anyway.

I think I very well may get that knife then.. I doubt I'll need a sheath and if I ever find a reason for needing one I doubt it would be hard to find one.. I'm not much of one to take a big knife of any sort into the woods (A simple pocket knife or some scissors works) Thank you for the advice, I will have to look into a sharpening block though because we don't have one apparently O.O

Back