Fountain in Rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverTheNess

Reaction score
I removed a fountain from my yard this year. A foot and a half deep one with a pretty good pump. I was thinking of putting it in the Rabbitry, maybe putting a cage, so if one does fall in, they won't drown. Does anyone else have one in theirs?

NeverTheNess":19nhiohj said:
I removed a fountain from my yard this year. A foot and a half deep one with a pretty good pump. I was thinking of putting it in the Rabbitry, maybe putting a cage, so if one does fall in, they won't drown. Does anyone else have one in theirs?

Nope, but I bet it sure would be pretty in a colony. Make sure they cant dig at the base of it though as it will go over for sure!

No fountain, but one side of my property is a creek, it serves as fence, most of my rabbits keep away from it, there is only one (out of 20) growout buck that goes through the shallow water around the fence to get to the pasture and vegetable garden, I don't care this time of year, he knows the way back.

If you are worried about rabbits drowning - put a board in the pool, maybe with grooves cut into the surface, so anything that falls in has an easy way out. Cage would work too. Imho somewhat overkill. I don't fence off the water.

Back