Anyone have a website?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I'm really interested in making a blog like sale page for my rabbits. Where I would have pictures of all my current rabbits in my breeding rotation, those for sale, those soon to be for sale and so on. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? Is it worth it? Does it work? Also if you have one please share a link to it below so I can check it out along with anyone else who might want to :)

Lol I have one but I have yet to do much with it. I do websites occasionally, mostly just because I enjoy playing around with the css and coding stuff. I have a private diy server for the main website (costs about $25 a month) but I can piggy back other websites off it for free. I tend to rotate through hobbies so I'll work at something for a while and then loose interest for a while and work on other stuff.

http://dippera.com

And my main web site is http://colorgenetics.info/ Which needs more rabbit content.

We have one for our rabbitry, at littlewillowrabbitry.weebly.com . Still a big work in progress, as our logo etc. isn't quite done, and there are quite a few empty pages that I have yet to fill in... but I think a website is a great thing to have :)

Our herd isn't currently up to show standard yet, so the majority of our rabbits go to pet homes. We've found having a website and facebook page (this especially) is a good way to connect with people, show some pictures of all the cute fluffy bunnies, and have some updates on what's happening. It doesn't need to be big and flash at all, either- just as long as it's fairly easy to navigate, people love seeing updated photos of the rabbit they've put on hold!

I made a free website with weebly, it was easy and fun to make. I haven't had huge success with it being seen, I usually just link it in my ad for my bunnies, although I still don't know if it's visited. I live in a place where rabbit breeders are something not usually found though, so I think that makes a difference. In the US websites are big, and when I look for a rabbit I love to see a website which is frequently updated.

Here is mine.
http://littlefluffybunnies.weebly.com/

I have a simple web site and blog that I haven't updated since February. I was hoping to keep it updated fairly regularly but life got in the way. Hopefully I can get back into it as I slow down for the winter. The link is on the bottom of my post. I would like to have it be a little more involved but haven't had the time. Not sure if you can navigate from the blog back to the web site but just type in www.thewelcomehomestead.com and that should take you there.

LittleFluffyBunnies":34aa2id9 said:
I made a free website with weebly, it was easy and fun to make. I haven't had huge success with it being seen, I usually just link it in my ad for my bunnies, although I still don't know if it's visited. I live in a place where rabbit breeders are something not usually found though, so I think that makes a difference. In the US websites are big, and when I look for a rabbit I love to see a website which is frequently updated.

Here is mine.
http://littlefluffybunnies.weebly.com/

You can't really expect alot of visitors from search engine (like google), unless you spend a really long time (as in years) writing good blog posts and keeping everything updated. Search engines rank a websites value on how long it's been active, how often it's updated, how many times links to it's pages are found on other "high quality" websites, and a host of other things. The real value of a website for a small producer is the ability to share photos, and information with possible clients. A website provides a format where mostly static information and sales information is always present and easy to locate vs a format like facebook, were only the newest posts are easy to find.

It looks like you've done a good job laying things out.

Thank you for linking all the websites! It wa awesome getting to look at them all! I think I might just stick to my facebook page and post a bunch of pictures. It's hard transporting rabbits in a laundry basket though haha.. Maybe I'll find an easier way to do it so I can take more pictures.

Back